Boost your SAP Business One Cloud sales with this innovative solution
Looking for new ways to accelerate your volume business with SAP Business One Cloud? This article is for you.
With the ongoing growth of SAP Business One on the cloud, more and more partners are seeking a way to automate the process of tenant provisioning in order to reduce the manual work involved.
In response to this specific need, SAP developed a new innovative solution, the ‘Tenant Configurator’, which allows you to streamline the tenant provisioning process in the cloud. The Tenant Configurator for SAP Business One Cloud was recently released in SAP Business One Cloud 1.1 PL 17. This solution targets SAP Business One Cloud hosted by partners, namely those who sell pre-configured solutions, such as:
- OEM Deals
- Packaged Solutions
- Vertical/Micro-vertical Solutions
The concept in all business cases is the same – partners provide prospects with a web-based onboarding process for accessing SAP Business One in the cloud environment. Although the onboarding process may vary between partners and solutions, the tenant provisioning process remains the same. To save partners the effort of developing the generic provisioning part, SAP provides the Tenant Configurator for SAP Business One Cloud, a component that partners can integrate into any onboarding process.
For example, in OEM deals, there are three parties: the OEM (such as a bank), the OEM customers, and SAP Business One partner who is working with the OEM and responsible for the onboarding process:
- The cloud operator uses the Tenant Configurator Wizard to configure the settings for automatic tenant creation. The cloud operator also customizes the onboarding web pages for the prospects.
- OEM customers (SAP Business One prospects) are offered SAP Business One through the OEM’s web site.
- OEM customers who are interested in learning more about SAP Business One follow the offer.
- Customers are redirected from the OEM web site to the partner’s onboarding web site to start the onboarding process, which involves setting up various SAP Business One parameters, such as the financial period.
- The Tenant Configurator automatically creates the tenant.
- Customers receive a welcome email from the partner with a link to the partner’s cloud environment.
- Customers log on and start using SAP Business One.
For vertical or packaged solutions, the Tenant Configurator can be used in a similar manner except that the prospect is offered SAP Business One through the partner’s web site rather than the OEM’s (see step 3):
As illustrated in the diagrams, the process is simple for both the partner and customer. There is no manual involvement by the partner in the onboarding process as all preparations are performed a single time in advance. From the customer’s point of view, it only takes a few clicks before starting to work with SAP Business One.
Looking for more details? Visit the SAP Business One training portal (registration code is 2104111) and read the Tenant Configurator for SAP Business One Cloud How-to Guide.
SAP partners with a valid PartnerEdge contract can find more information on the SAP Business One Cloud product page on SAPPartnerEdge.com.