Preview SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2102: Kanban Control Cycle Analytics
Get better insights into your replenishment situation with the new kanban control cycle analytics app
Besides the two existing kanban analytics applications “Display Errors: Kanban” and “Due Kanban Replenishment Elements”, the new Fiori analytics app “Kanban Control Cycle Analysis” helps to improve insight-to-action and real-time reporting capabilities at control cycle level. Furthermore, it helps the user to detect deviations across different control cycles early and to solve them immediately. As a production supervisor in lean manufacturing, this app supports you to evaluate kanban control cycles with focus on the status of the circulating kanban containers at an aggregated level, for example at plant level, and to drill-down to the details at kanban control cycle level.
- Analyze kanban control cycles to check container statuses within the plant and production supply area or based on additional filter criteria.
- Utilize different chart types and personalization options to get quick insights into the overall kanban replenishment situation.
- Take immediate actions based on the results of your analysis, for example, check the error details on the kanban board.
- Create your own sophisticated evaluation by selecting the dimensions and measures of your interest, and by restricting the analyzed kanban control cycles according to your needs. Results are aggregated according to the chart types and columns you select. The lowest detail level is the control cycle level.
- Evaluate data of classic and event-driven kanban control cycles which are in status “Released” and “Locked”.
Additional Measures and Dimensions
- Besides the standard dimensions, the app offers replenishment-specific fields like supplier and purchasing organization.
- The release date of the control cycle can be used to evaluate the performance of control cycles introduced during a selected period.
- The control cycle lock date can be used for filtering. This can be useful when control cycles are being phased out and you want to check the number of containers still in process.
- The indicator that the maximum number of empty containers is exceeded allows you to display and evaluate control cycles where this limit is passed.
- The total number of locked containers, the total actual container quantity, and the total requested quantity can be calculated at different aggregation levels.
- For each container status two measures are available: the number of containers with this status, and additionally the percentage of containers in relation to the total number of containers.
- Two measures are available for control cycles where separate goods receipt is used, these measures can be used for displaying the number of containers where the goods receipt is due or missing.
Examples for possible evaluations
- You can evaluate how different container statuses are distributed for control cycles in production supply areas where you are responsible by using a stacked bar chart.
- To get a summary overview of a whole plant you can visualize the number of containers and their status by using a pie or donut chart.
- To detect problems with the replenishment of specific materials, you can review the number of empty containers, or containers with errors, for materials aggregated by all production supply areas.
The new application will be available on Desktop as well as Tablet based on the SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2102 Release.
Please let me know which KPIs you would like to analyze in the kanban area in the comments section.