DKIM Key Activation for Business Emails in Cloud for Customer(C4C) & Business ByDesign(BYD)
This Blog will help you to understand on the DKIM Key Activation Process for sending the Business Emails from your sender domains.
- SAP has changed the e-mail infrastructure used for business e-mails sent from SAP Business ByDesign (ByD) & Cloud for Customer(C4C).
- The new e-mail infrastructure supports Domain Keys Identified Mail (DKIM), which allows you to digitally sign your business e-mails.
- Business Mails – e-mail messages sent through Ticket, Account, Appointment, Visits, Sales Quote, Workflow notification, etc. are all referred to business e-mail scenarios.
Request DKIM Key Activation for sending the Business Emails:
Below are the Execution steps for enabling DKIM Key:
- Once the Incident is created with above details, SAP Support Team will validate this request and generate the DKIM Key(Text Record with Key Size – 1024 Bit).
- After generating the DKIM Key, SAP Support Team will send the incident back to Customer with the below details:
- DKIM Key(Text Record).
- Selector details
- Once customer has the details of DKIM Key and Selector, they need to create DKIM TXT record(s) in their DNS servers using given selector name for their domains.
- Once the DKIM record is created in the customer DNS Server, They need to validate the DKIM check from their end with the below steps
- Go to https://dkimcore.org/tools/keycheck.html
- Enter Selector
- Enter Domain
- Click on check
- If it gives Green Check(as shown below)Please send the incident back to SAP Support team.
- SAP will validate the DKIM Key Check and proceed with the activating the profile.
- The Service Request takes approximately 2 weeks of time for enabling and implementing.
- In case if you have multiple domains, please mention all the domains name, and only one key is provided by default for all the domains. Maintain the same DKIM key for all the domains.
- When maintaining the record as TXT record in the DNS server, there should not be any space or it shouldn’t be maintained in paragraphs.
- The record should be maintained as a single line.
- Given selector should be used.
Further you can also refer the below links:
Ex: Let’s say your domain is example.com and SAP generated the
c4c-****-myxxxxxx-example-com for C4C
byd-****-myxxxxxx-example-com for BYD