How to Upload Scanned Supplier Invoice in SAP Business ByDesign?
[Disclaimer: Images/data in this blog are from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.]
You can scan the document that you received from your supplier and manually upload it as a pdf file to the SAP Business ByDesign system and then attach the uploaded file to the new invoice or credit memo. You can also do mass upload of scanned invoice automatically using SAP Collaboration Window which uses a pdf and a txt file from a scanned document.
A new intelligent scanning feature has also been introduced which makes use of SAP AI Business Services – Document Information Extraction service.
You can upload a scanned invoice in the following ways:
- Manual Upload
- Automatic upload service using SAP Collaboration Window
- Intelligent Invoice Scanning (released in 2008 version)
- Your scanner software creates a pdf file from the scanned invoice or credit memo.
Goto Supplier Invoicing work center -> Common Tasks-> New Scanned Invoice/ New Scanned Credit Memo
Goto Supplier Invoicing work center-> Invoice Entry-> New Scanned Invoice/Scanned Credit Memo
Select Scanned Invoice-> Add-> File
Browse for the PDF file and click ADD
Then select Extract Attachment Data so that all the fields are automatically filled in the invoice from PDF file. You can edit the fields that are not updated.
Intelligent Invoice Scanning:
This is a new scanning feature introduced in SAP Business ByDesign with release 2008 version.
You have to scope this PDF scanning question in Business Configuration scoping section. Then you can upload supplier invoice documents in PDF format for creating supplier invoices in the system via the Invoice Scanning view of the Supplier Invoicing work center.
You can review and edit the scanned values on the Review screen using the snapshot of the uploaded document.
Please refer this blog for details:
Automatic upload service using SAP Collaboration Window:
- Download Collaboration Tool via Application and User Management work center-> Business Flexibility->Download Center
•You have activated the Automatic Upload Service in SAP Collaboration Window.
•You have defined the Observed folder for scanned invoices and credit memos.
•Your scanner software creates two files from a scanned document:
- ◦PDF file
- ◦TXT, RTF, or DOC file. (For the best results, we recommend that you use formatted TXT files)
•Both files are named the same so that they are recognized as a pair. Create a folder in your system and place the PDF and Text file in the folder with the same name.
Open the Collaboration window and login
Flag the option “Enable Service Scanned Invoices” checkbox.
- Browse for the relevant folder created
- You can check whether the file is uploading on the bottom right corner of the screen in the Upload Service icon.
- After upload is complete , right click on the Upload Service icon and here you can find the upload log with details if the upload was successful or not. You can also find the invoice id which has been created.
- The automatic upload service moves the files that were transferred successfully to the Success sub folder in the Observed folder. If the upload is unsuccessful, the files are moved to the Error sub folder in the Observed folder.
- Finally, you can open the newly created scanned invoice/credit memo in the SAP Business ByDesign system, where you can check the invoice for inconsistencies, resolve any exceptions, and post the document.
You also have the option to Create an Invoice or Credit Memo from Invoice Template.
The system uploads the data from the default template and displays the data in the suitable fields on the New Scanned Invoice screen.
Refer help Document: Create a Scanned Invoice or Credit Memo
Reference Help Documents:
- Configuration: Supplier Invoice Scanning Keyword Settings
- Create a Scanned Invoice or Credit Memo
- Uploading Scanned Supplier Invoices Using Automatic Upload Service
- Intelligent Invoice Scanning Quick Guide