Discuss & Learn About SAP SuccessFactors Milestone Awards
Employees give their time for work that helps the organizations thrive. This commitment deserves to be recognized frequently. One of the most suitable ways to accomplish this is by creating an “Employee Years of Service Awards Program” at organizations. Years of service award programs are also called milestone awards, service awards, service milestones.
Commemorating work anniversaries is one of the most popular types of service awards programs. Through sincere recognition shared on days of significant milestones, employees can feel appreciated and valued at their organization, which can then help them experience a risen sense of engagement and loyalty to their organization.
SuccessFactors Reward and Recognition use a simple but effective way to initiate manager or peer to peer recognition, which differs somewhat from how Milestone Awards manages recognitions. In this blog, we will take a look at some of the features that Milestone Awards offer.
I believe that the Milestone Awards is a great way to start providing a digital solution to create a high-quality service awards program for organizations.
Overview of Milestone Awards
Examples of popular awards programs; (based on WorldatWork Trends in Employee Recognition study in June 2013)
- Support organizational mission/values
- Create a positive work environment
- Encourage loyalty
- Recognize years of service
- Motivate high performance
- Increase morale
- Increase retention or decrease in turnover
Features of SuccessFactors Milestone Awards
What is available right now?
- Create a Program
- Define Award Levels
- Define data field for service calculation (Hire Date as the starting point)
- Define eligible employees using Dynamic Groups
- Define participating countries
- Define one additional criterion per country (Legal Entity, Department, Location, etc.)
- Milestone Award Report + Forecast Report (limited duration)
- Email for award
- View Details in RWR Award History
Create a Program
Create Program – Enter Program Details
- Program Name
- Type Points or Currency
- Only points type is available right now
- Date Criteria
- Only Hire Date is supported right now
- Email Group – Document Generation Template
- Eligibility – Via Dynamic Group
Create Program – Country/Region Information
- Define countries to include in the program
Create Program – Define Country/Region Defaults
- Add Milestones specific to that country
- Define the award amounts for each milestone
- These are the defaults for all employees in the country
Create Program – Define Overrides
- If one of the legal entities or departments in the country has a unique program, you can define overrides at that level
- Possible to define different levels or different award amounts
- Scheduled job needs to be set up in Provisioning
- Forecast Report can be run after that job has been set up
What’s Coming Later – Milestone Awards Roadmap
- Enhanced Admin User Experience
- Customizable date field for service calculation
- Forecasting and Budgeting Report (extended duration)
- Using Business Rules for Eligibility
- Publishing to Employee Central
- Support for non-EC customers
- Multiple additional criteria per country
- Reporting in People Analytics
The future of service awards is making workplace anniversaries more meaningful, memorable, and fun. Modern service award programs incorporate more elements of social recognition and create an experience that connects people to the organizations.
Shortly, I hope to see a milestone awards solution that will be able to adapt to current and future trends that are effective by all means.