SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA – Enable end-users to adjust KPI currencies in Standard KPI Tiles
Relevant for SAP S/4HANA 2020 or higher
If you’ve been working with SAP S/4HANA 1511, 1610 and up to 1909 you have surely noticed there is a specific value (EURO) set for all currencies in Smart Business apps and in most cases, you need to modify this setting which could be a bit time consuming.
The process on how to make these adjustments for earlier versions of SAP S/4HANA is described in my previous blog.
Starting with SAP S/4HANA 2020, adjusting currencies in standard KPI tiles has become simple and straightforward as it now makes use of the Default Values in your SAP Fiori Launchpad.
If you are looking to make this currency adjustment in SAP S/4HANA 2020 from an end-user perspective, follow the next steps:
- Identify the KPI tile you wish to work with. In this example we will be using the “Purchase Order Value and Scheduling Agreement Value” tile which shows currency in EUR (default value in Manage KPIs and Reports configuration for this app).
- Drill down to the details of the KPI and you will notice all values are shown using the default currency defined at KPI configuration level.
- At this moment you may have not set a default value for “Display Currency” in your SAP Fiori Launchpad, this would explain why the app is using the value defined at configuration level.
- To change this behavior, make sure you setup a value for this field (Display Currency):
- Now that the default value is set, simply refresh the KPI using the refresh button in the lower left corner of the tile.
**NOTE – At this moment I have not figured why not all values in the tile are updated with the default currency but will update once this issue is solved. Be aware that cache cleanup at server and client is not solving the problem.
- You can now drill down to the details of the KPI and will notice all values are updated using the default currency set at personalization level.
With the innovations introduced in SAP S/4HANA 2020 integration between Default Values and Smart Business has been enabled, however, be aware there will be some scenarios where you will still need to maintain a default value at KPI configuration level as there could be conflicts between the default values specified on SAP Fiori launchpad (personalization) and the values specified in the KPI. There are two possible behaviors:
- Conflicting single value*: The visualization is based on the specified values given in the KPI, ignoring the default values specified on SAP Fiori launchpad. For example, if the Plant value is set to 1 on SAP Fiori launchpad settings and set to 2 in the KPI, then the visualization at runtime is filtered by Plant value 2.
- Conflicting multiple values*: If multiple values are set to the dimensions on SAP Fiori launchpad and in the KPI, then the visualization is based on the intersecting value of both sets of values. For example, if the Plant field has values 1 and 2 on SAP Fiori launchpad, and 2 and 3 in the KPI, then the visualization data is filtered by the intersection value 2
*Source: SAP Documentation, Smart Business Runtime Environment – Behavior of Default Values
Becoming an SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA guru
You’ll find much more on our SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA wiki
Questions? Post them in the comments section.
SAP S/4HANA RIG