SAP Certified Development Specialist – ABAP for SAP HANA 2.0
In this blog, you will find some personal suggestions about how to get certified as SAP Certified Application Associate – SAP HANA 2.0 SPS 05.
This exam is available as of December 2020.
For the blog posts about the SAP HANA 2.0 SPS 05 exams, see
For the blog posts about the SAP Cloud Platform exams, see
About braindumps and cheat sheets, see
Questions? Post as comment.
Useful? Give us a like and share on social media.
Once you passed the exam, you will receive a digital badge from Acclaim
See the FAQ for more information about SAP Global Certification Digital badges.
About the Exam
Information about the exam is published on the SAP Training website. This is also where you can book the exam (or get a certification hub subscription)
There are multiple types of certifications:
- TEC = Technology (system administration)
- IMP = Application (implementation, here modeling)
- DEV = Development (native development)
- AW = ABAP
- BW = Business Warehouse
- ADM = SAP (NetWeaver) BASIS administration
The levels are
- C = Associate (consultant)
- E = Associate add-on (expert)
- P = Professional
Surprisingly, as “add-on” the certificate has no fixed prerequisite. A Certified Development Associate – ABAP with SAP NetWeaver certification is “highly recommended” (but not required).
- C_TAW12_750 (or earlier)
You can check the validity of the certifications at training.sap.com/certification/validity.
Earlier editions of this exam
- E_HANAAW_16 | 2019 – SAP HANA 2.0 SPS 04
- E_HANAAW_14 | 2017 – SAP HANA 2.0 SPS 02
- E_HANAAW_12 | 2016 – SAP HANA 1.0 SPS 12
For the certification FAQs, see
Information about the topic areas covered is also listed on the exam information page.
Note the small print: SAP reserves the right to update the exam content (topics, items, weighting) at any time. So make sure to check the page before applying.
Major Topics > 12%
- Implications of SAP HANA on ABAP Programming
- Guided Performance Analysis
- Integration of SAP HANA Coding into ABAP Programs
Topics 8% – 12%
- SAP HANA Basics and Technical Concepts
- SAP Development Tools for SAP NetWeaver
- SAP HANA Information Models and Database Procedures
- ABAP Programming based on SAP HANA Artifacts
The exam has been updated for the latest SAP HANA 2.0 SPS 05 release with some reshuffling of exam topics and relative weight.
How to Prepare
When you have the time and budget, take the SAP Training courses. Nothing beats a 2 week+ focus with hands-on exercises and training environment.
Most of the topic areas point to the HA400 course for which course prerequisite and recommendations are listed.
- HA100 – SAP HANA – 360° Introduction – 3 days
- HA300 – Modeling – 5 days
- HA400 – ABAP Programming for SAP HANA – 4 days
Course prerequisites for HA400
Recommended courses for HA400
SAP Learning Hub
Alternatively, consider a subscription for the SAP Learning Hub and/or Certification Hub. There is a trial edition available for you to try it out.
The learning journey shows a visualisation of the courses to take. You can logon and mark your progress.
Although most courses are listed, the learning path does not map exactly to the exam guide.
The tiles for each of the courses show the available formats: classroom and e-books.
SAP Help Portal (Free)
There is a lot of documentation related to ABAP but there is no guide dedicated to the exam topic areas.
Although not the most recent material, there is an openSAP course available specific to the topic.
For upcoming, running, and past courses about ABAP, see the openSAP course catalog
- ABAP (filter)
SAP Community (Free)
Bookmark and visit the SAP Community topic area for the latest blogs, participate in the Q&A, and get a comprehensive overview of the latest and most relevant resources
For earlier blog post on the topic, see
- E_HANAAW142 Certified Development Specialist – ABAP for SAP HANA Preparation Steps
- My experience with E_HANAAW151
There are many other excellent blog posts about ABAP on SAP HANA, here is a selection of the more recent posts (but there are many others).
- The ABAP Platform Strategy (2020 Update) by Carine Tchoutouo Djomo
- Spotlight on ABAP for SAP HANA – Again by Carine Tchoutouo Djomo
SAP Development Center (Free)
Although the focus is on the ABAP platform, there is a lot of relevant information and tutorials available on the SAP Development Center
There is no SAP PRESS SAP Certification Success Guide for the E_HANAAW_17 exam (yet).
The available exam guide concerns the SAP Certified Development Associate – ABAP with SAP NetWeaver certification [C_TAW12_750].
There are many publications about ABAP from SAP PRESS. A good place to start are the development guides.
- ABAP Development for SAP HANA | scheduled for Q1 2021
- ABAP Development for SAP HANA | 2nd edition 2016
For the list of all ABAP publications, see
On the exam page, there is a link to a sample exam similar to the real one from