There have been many enhancements in the Treasury area in SAP over the past years, both in terms of new functionality and in SAP Fiori user experience.
The purpose of this blog post is to provide headlines of the solutions in this area and several links and navigation paths that can serve as an entry point from which you can search for further information for your upcoming Treasury and Cash Management Project, in particular for the SAP S/4HANA 2020 release.
SAP S/4HANA is a game changer for treasury departments. Built on SAP S/4HANA in-memory computing platform, it provides real time instant insight with personalized user experience on any device.
SAP S/4HANA Finance solution for treasury and risk management helps you to:
- Create global cash visibility in real-time
- Centralize bank relationship management in S/4HANA
- Have an embedded Cash Flow Forecasting and Liquidity Planning
- Have a Centralized Payment Factory
- Enable a Single Corporate to Bank Communication using SAP Multi-Bank Connectivity
- Have embedded anytime analytics with prediction and simulations
Volatility and uncertainty in the global economic conditions, not only due to the current pandemic situation, pressure on liquidity, complexity and volume of payment activities, digitalization, automation, manual steps to view up-to-date cash position, all these topics put Treasury at the forefront when taking budgeting decision for new IT Projects.
There are four main pillars in our SAP S/4HANA Finance solution for treasury and risk management, inside of which we can place our products:
- Manage Payments and Bank Communications: Includes light Bank Account Management and Bank Fee Management into the core S/4HANA License, SAP S/4HANA Finance for cash management (Bank Account Management, SAP Bank Communication Management), SAP Multi-Bank Connectivity, option for multi-system payment consolidation (connector for SAP Multi-Bank Connectivity, SAP S/4HANA Finance for advanced payment management and SAP In-House Cash, SAP Integration Package for SWIFT, SAP Cash Application and SAP S/4HANA for card management
- Optimize Working Capital and Cash: Includes functions for Cash & Liquidity Management and SAP Analytics Cloud
- Secure Financial Risk: Includes functions for Debt, Investment Management and Financial Risk Management, SAP Treasury and Risk Management, impairment accounting extension for expected losses, Hedge Accounting according to IFSR9, and trading platform integration
- Analyze, Control and Comply: Includes financial analytics dashboard for SAP Analytics Cloud
In addition to the SAP Help, for instance, for SAP Cash and Liquidity Management on SAP S/4HANA 2020, the main website at sap.com/treasury, where you can go to SAP Cash Management or SAP Treasury and Risk Management for more details, you can also view:
What’s New in SAP S/4HANA 2020, in page 72 you can find information on Bank Account Processing with Bank Reconciliation Accounts and from page 205 to page 238 you can find information on Cash and Liquidity Management and Treasury and Risk Management enhancements and new features.
Notice that, in the Technical Details area of each subject, you find information on the Scope Item and the Application Component as well, for instance:
You can search by Line of Business: Finance, Solution Area: Treasury Management and Treasury Management Receivables Management Accounting and Financial Close, Category: Any, Type: New and Changed, Scope Item, Valid as of: SAP S/4HANA 2020, or as desired.
You can download into Excel, save as PDF, share or hide columns, which will be helpful when deciding on the scope of your project.
Useful columns are the Application Component, for instance, FIN-FSCM-CLM-BAM for Bank Account Management, as these are the components you will use if you want to create an Incident with SAP Support, and the Scope Items, which are the Best Practice Scope Items that I will explain below.
Go to SAP S/4HANA > On-Premise > SAP Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA (on premise) > go to your Country and Version, for instance, for Spain and 2020, scroll down to “Scope Item Groups to Treasury Management”, and here you can see a list of Scope Items. If you drill-down into each, you will find the Process Flow and the Test Script, which is a very handy documentation to have if you are starting a new project. See for instance for J77 Advanced Bank Account Management:
Some of these are:
J77 Advanced Bank Account Management
J78 Advanced Cash Operations
4MT Advanced Payment Management
2O0 Bank Fee Management
1EG Bank Integration with File Interface
16R Bank Integration with SAP Multi-Bank Connectivity
Basic Bank Account Management (BFA)
Basic Cash Operations (BFB)
YouTube videos on the topic:
OpenSAP Microlearning on the topic:
Courses relating to Cash Management and Treasury and Risk Management available:
S4F40e Cash Management in SAP S/4HANA (8 hours)
S4F41e Implementing SAP Cash Management in SAP S/4HANA (20 hours)
S4F42e SAP S/4HANA Finance for advanced payment management (6 hours)
S4F44e SAP Multi-Bank Connectivity (5 hours)
S4F45e SAP Cash Application (8 hours)
S4F50e Processes in Treasury and Risk Management in SAP S/4HANA (20 hours)
S4F51e Customizing in Treasury and Risk Management in SAP S/4HANA (20 hours)
SAP Learning Hub
Course Code: S4H1909FINTM_SC_EN (2020 version to come)
In subsequent blog posts, I will provide insights into each of the solutions relating to SAP Cash and Liquidity Management, such as SAP Bank Communications Management, Bank Account Management and SAP Cash Application.
Brought to you by the S/4HANA RIG
SAP S/4HANA Regional Implementation Group