Every customer wants to provide Self-Service capabilities to their employees like
- update Personal details – Address, Dependents, Status etc.,
- access Paystubs
- update W4 (US) information etc.,
As year end approaching, employees at some point need access to their tax statements.
In this blog, I shall focus on how we can enable self-service capability especially for Japan employees, which allows them to access and download “Withholding Taxslip” from SuccessFactors Employee Central via mashups.
- SAML (SSO) should be enabled between Employee Central and Employee Central Payroll – SAP KBA 2253359 provides more info on how to configure SAML.
- Access to Employee Central Payroll system is setup via “Payroll Unified Configuration”
- Role based permissions needs to be enabled in Employee Central for employees to access Pay Statement and Tax Form applications.
- Tax form must be generated in Employee Central Payroll prior to accessing them in Employee Central by employees.
Now let’s continue with configuration steps in Employee Central payroll:
- Access service HRESS_A_REP_JP_YEA_WTS via transaction SICF
- Activate Service “HRESS_A_REP_JP_YEA_WTS“
- Make sure the following properties are set correctly
- check box is selected under “SAML Configuration”
- Authentication should be set to “Standard SAP User” if Employee Central and Employee Central Payroll uses same User ID’s. if not, then select “Internet User” for aliases.
- Check and activate business function “HCM_ESS_WDA_1” using transaction SFW5 (refer SAP KBA 1641394 for more info on how to activate business functions)
- capture the URL of webdynpro application which needs to be configured in Employee Central by accessing the application HRESS_A_REP_JP_YEA_WTS via transaction SE80
Now, lets jump into Employee Central configuration steps:
- access transaction “Payroll Unified Configuration” – select Country/Region “Japan” and make sure the status of the system configuration is “Active”
- Now create a link under “Portlets” by clicking on “Add Link”
- as the service is a webdynpro based application we need to choose the Link Type as “URL”
- Permission Category = Self Service”
- maintain translations in Japanese
- use the URL captured from Employee Central Payroll system and save the configuration
Let’s check the form now
- login to Employee Central and proxy as any “Japan Employee”
- click on “Payroll” portlet
- access Withholding Taxslip by clicking on the link
Employees can now access their year end tax forms directly from Employee Central using mashups.