Workflow Management @SAP TechEd 2020 and it’s still ongoing
Wow, what a great event. SAP TechEd 2020, a completely new experience for the participants and the presenters. Thousands of workflow fans joined our sessions this year. Thanks so much!!!
It has been such a great pleasure to engage with you in our hands-on sessions, breakouts, experts Q&As or via chat in the lectures. And now the best: it’s still ongoing. The sessions are available as replay, you can access the content and also do the exercises in your own trial environment (pro tip: use the data center closest to you, for best performance).
Before I come to the sessions and where to access them (again), let us check which news has been shared around SAP Cloud Platform Workflow Management during SAP TechEd.
With the latest enhancements, you will get now three complementary and integrated process automation tools, which address different skill levels and automation scenarios:
- SAP Cloud Platform Workflow Management allows developers and business experts to gain end-to-end process visibility, and to configure and automate enterprise workflows in a low-code approach. SAP Cloud Platform Workflow Management includes new predefined content packages and integration with Experience Management solutions from SAP and Qualtrics, combining operational and experience data.
- The SAP Ruum solution allows business users with no coding skills to create departmental processes in hours instead of days and weeks.
- SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation (RPA) 2.0 technology targets developers looking to automate repetitive, manual tasks with software bots. SAP Intelligent RPA includes prebuilt bot templates to drive efficiencies with SAP S/4HANA and 12 lines of business.
You will find more details here: SAP TechEd News Guide (starting page 21).
In addition, several articles are discussing these new developments. Please find here some of them:
- SAP hits back at interlopers with its own twist on workflow, low-code and RPA tech (The Register, Dec 8)
- SAP latest enterprise software giant to offer low-code workflow (TechCrunch, Dec 8)
- Klicken statt coden: Wie SAP das Programmieren leichter machen will (Handelsblatt, Dec 9)
- SAP delivers on clicks, not code (enterprise times, Dec 9)
- SAP Empowers Developers With Low-Code/No-Code Tools And Further Enhancements To SAP Business Technology Platform (AI Thority, Dec 9)
Now you have read the news, but it’s always better to see it in action. Therefore, please have a look at the 2nd keynote by Juergen Mueller, Chief Technology Officer and Member of the SAP Executive Board (in case you have only limited time, he talks about process automation at minute 32:00)
Meeting Today’s Challenges and Tomorrow’s Opportunities with SAP Technology [EKT101]
We really enjoyed to share our latest developments with you and discuss certain topics. In case you missed some of the sessions or want to do a replay, please find here the complete list:
- Customer session ⇒ Innovation from SAP Allows Zookeepers to Spend More Time with the Animals [DEV122] – it’s a special pleasure to invite to this customer session. Learn how SAP Cloud Platform Workflow Management helped Taronga Conservation Society Australia, introduced Cassandra Long, Manager IT Operations and Project Technical Lead for S4/HANA Cloud.
- Digital Process Automation with SAP Cloud Platform Workflow Management [DEV207] – get the perfect overview including inspiring demos and a holistic view on digital process automation with Thomas Volmering, Head of Product Management.
- Improve Business Process Experiences with Live Process Content Packages [DEV206] – don’t start every time from scratch, make use of our accelerators in this session with Stephan Schluchter, Product Manager
- Central Workflow Inbox as a Key Intelligent Enterprise Quality [DEV112] – a common, unified inbox experiences waits for you in this lecture with Georgi Mladenov (Product Manager) and Ivan Vasev (Senior Developer)
- Blockchain for Cross-Company Workflow Orchestration [INT101] – learn how to combine blockchain technology with SAP Cloud Platform Workflow Management.
- Build a Digital Assistant for Your Business Processes [DEV116] – learn how to build and include a digital assistant in your workflows with Seshadri Sreenivas R, Product Manager.
- Integrate Experiences into Your Workflows [DEV213] – combine experience management solutions from SAP and Qualtrics with your workflows.
- Build a Workflow from Scratch with SAP Cloud Platform Workflow Management [DEV163] – THE hands-on session to go for you. Learn how to create workflows, business rules and gain end-to-end process visibility. You can also take the related mission: DEV163 – Build a Workflow from Scratch with SAP Cloud Platform Workflow Management
- Deep Dive into SAP Cloud Platform Workflow Management [DEV264] – you already have some basics? Then this session is made for you to learn some more advanced concepts. Direct link to GitHub | read the blog post
- Road Map: SAP Cloud Platform Workflow Management Service [DEV803] – what’s coming next? Get the details with Peter McNulty, Product Manager.
- Reach Peak Performance with SAP Business Technology Platform [ST101] – you can integrate and extend business applications faster and more efficiently. Differentiate yourself and run better with SAP Business Technology Platform, listen to Michael Weingartner, President, SAP Cloud Platform.
Now it’s up to you. Start your TechEd journey with SAP Cloud Platform Workflow Management today or whenever you like. Sneak preview: during 2021 we will launch several additional learning formats.
For more information around SAP Cloud Platform Workflow Management please take a look here:
sap.com | Video | Infographic | Solution Brief | Roadmap
SAP Cloud Platform Discovery Center | Tutorial | Booster
SAP Community | Blogs | SAP Help