Setting up an Import Connection setup between SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP Analytics Cloud for Planning Integration
This blog describes the necessary configuration steps required to setup the import connection between an SAP S/4HANA Cloud system and SAP Analytics Cloud
Part 1: Creation of Communication System
Just like exposing any service in an SAP S4/HANA Cloud system, setting up an import connection to SAP Analytics Cloud from an SAP S/4HANA Cloud System starts by creating a Communication System.
This can be done via the following steps
- Login to the SAP S/4HANA Cloud system and select the tile Communication Systems
- Click on new and provide a system name, for example ‘SAC_CONNECTION’ and click on create
- Under the Technical Data section, Provide the HOST name as SAC (or anything meaningful) under General
- Scroll down to Users for Inbound connection. Click on Add User and Click on New User in the pop up to create a New User, which will take you to the create user screen.
- Provide a password and click on save. Click on Ok and click on save to communication system
Part 2: Creation of Communication Arrangement
- Select the tile Communication Arrangements
- Click on new and add the scenario SAP_COM_0087 and provide the Arrangement Name as ‘Import SAC’ and click on create
- Select the system SAC_CONNECTION which we have created in the previous step via the F4 help for the field Communication System. This will fetch the user name that was created for the communication system
- You can see the list of inbound services enabled by this communication arrangement under the section Inbound Services and click on save.
Part 3: Create an Import connection in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Login to SAP Analytics Cloud and click on connection
- Click on Add connection and select SAP S/4HANA under Acquire Data
- After providing a connection name and description, provide the SAP S/4HANA Cloud System root URL in the field Data Service URL https://<tenant-id>.s4hana.ondemand.com/
- Select Authentication type as Basic Authentication and provide the username and password created for the Communication System under User Credentials and click on create
Thus, an import connection to an SAP S/4HANA Cloud system is created in SAC.
You can verify this by creating a new model and connecting to the data source which we just created for SAP S/4HANA
You can refer to the scope item 1YB for more detailed information
I followed this tutorial (by the way I think as of the time of writing, the scenario is called SAP_COM_0065, not 0087).
I created the communication system, communication arrangement, and Inbound Communication user & password.
But it does not work. When I create an import data model based on the SAC connection of type Import, I receive the error: The user doesn't have permission to access the requested resource.
Are there any additional business roles that should be assigned to the user?
Many thanks for the help.
The communication arrangement SAP_COM_0087 refers to connecting to SAP S/4HANA Cloud from SAC via Import connection(Acquire Data). Whereas SAP_COM_0065 refers to connecting to SAP S/4HANA Cloud via live connection.
Can you refer the document and check whether you have all the prerequisites enabled?
Thanks and Regards,
Hi Prasanth, thanks for the quick reply 🙏
I learned about the scope item 1YB only yesterday. In our S/4 cloud system, the scope items are activated by a separate consulting team. I reached out to them to check the status of this scope item.
In the meantime, I would like to clarify one thing with you.
In the communication scenarios, I do not see the scenario SAP_COM_0087. Is this because the scope item 1YB is not activated - or is this because I am missing certain business roles? My reasoning is: if I can generally access Communication systems, arrangements, communication scenarios, then probably my business roles are right and the only thing missing is the scope item 1YB. What do you think?
This could be because the scope item is not activated in your system. It will appear once you activate the scope item 1YB. You can refer to a similar thread here https://answers.sap.com/questions/13430282/communication-scenario-sap-com-0087-is-not-availab.html.
Thanks and Regards,