SAP S/4HANA Move for Finance Blog series #12 of 15 Streamline and Automate Financial Shared Services with SAP S/4HANA
Thank you for joining our SAP S/4HANA Finance Move blog series breaking down the Webinar Series for Finance Professionals
This on demand webinar is hosted by Robin Bau, Director Shared Services Automation, Finance Solutions at SAP. Attend this session to learn how SAP S/4HANA and latest innovation technologies can help your Shared Service Organization to increase the level of automation.
Here’s the agenda Robin will cover:
- Overview about this session
- Shared Service Evolution and technological implications
- Shared Service Management with SSF for SAP S/4HANA
- Workflow-based automation
- Machine Learning and Intelligent Robotic Process-based automation
Additionally, here are some of the questions and answers from our live session:
- Can this Shared Services solution be connected to SAP ECC, and does it make sense to do so that way?
Yes, you can do that. It depends on the target architecture. You can either setup an individual connection or leverage SAP S/4HANA Central Finance for that purpose.
- Even though it is embedded in SAP S/4HANA, I assume there are additional license costs for this service?
yes, the solution comes with a separate license.
- Can we implement Machine Learning in Shared Service in SAP ECC Platform
The Shared Service Framework for SAP S/4HANA can also be connected against an ECC system. This is a bit more effort, but feasible.
- In the demo we saw a request about the status of an unpaid invoice. Will the reply be sent to customer or is the local team in charge of resending it to customer? If it is the last, which is the advantage of performing that request through the SSF?
It’s up to you to define the responsibility. Usually the response would be handled centrally and could be send out automatically. Furthermore, you ensure that every communication is documented and can be measured at the end of the day. This avoids double work and ensures a consistent response.
For a complete outline of our on demand series check out www.sap.com/move-finance
SAP S/4HANA Move for Finance Blog series
#01 of 15 Why Finance professionals should move to SAP S/4HANA
#02 of 15 Join the Finance Transformation – Learn How SAP S/4HANA Finance Will Help You Move Forward
#03 of 15 Learn Why it is Beneficial for Finance to Move to SAP S/4HANA
#04 of 15 SAP’s Unique Formula for the Finance Function of Tomorrow
#05 of 15 See How the New Intuitive SAP S/4HANA User Experience Improves Productivity
#06 of 15 Learn How to Manage the Move to SAP S/4HANA Most Effectively
#07 of 15 Establish Trust Across the Financial Close
#08 of 15 See How SAP’s Finance Platform Has Evolved Beyond Accounting, Supporting the End-to-End FP&A
#09 of 15 Increase Customer Satisfaction and Process Efficiency in Receivables Management with SAP S/4HANA
#10 of 15 Increase Revenue by Establishing Service-Based Business Models with SAP S/4HANA
#11 of 15 Establish an Integrated and Centralized Treasury and Working Capital Management
#12 of 15 Streamline and Automate Financial Shared Services with SAP S/4HANA
#13 of 15 Manage Indirect Tax Consistently and Cost-Effectively with SAP S/4HANA
#14 of 15 Manage Governance, Risk, Compliance (GRC) and Security with SAP S/4HANA
#15 of 15 Learn How SAP S/4HANA Can Support Finance Professionals to Join Enterprise Transformation