SAP Cloud Platform SDK for iOS – 6.0 is now available
The new major version of SAP Cloud Platform SDK for iOS, namely 6.0, is now available.
In this blog, we will cover some of the cool features that come with the new upgrade.
So here’s what’s new in v6.0:
The new SAP Cloud Platform SDK for iOS assistant has
- A new end-user license agreement (EULA) consent screen is added to the assistant. Using the assistant now requires consent to the SAP Developer License Agreement.
- Added support for predefined sample destinations during app creation on Cloud Foundry.For building sample apps easily, sample OData destinations configured with a sample OData Enterprise Sales and Procurement Model (ESPM) service are available, for both OData V2 and V4.
- An improved structure of the app generated by the assistant. The app code is now separated into individual components/frameworks, thereby making to make it easy to plug-in/plug-out individual components.
SAPFiori for iOS now supports
- Pinch and zoom actions on your charts.
- Longer string values for the `FUIObjectHeaderChartView` KPI.
- Developers to choose column layout in compact mode through a new API `useColumnLayoutInCompact`.
- Enabling/disabling content-copying capability in components conforming to the `FUIContentCopyable` protocol through a new API isContentCopyable`
- Floorplans for quick and easy way to build a full-screen list (FUIListFloorplan) or sectioned page (FUIObjectFloorplan).
- Multi-user onboarding through FUIMultiUserPasscodeController
SAPCommon for iOS now supports
- Obfuscation of any strings or stream of bytes so that they cannot be used in the current form for its intended use by reverse-engineering the byte code associated with any high-level language.
SAPFoundation for iOS now supports
- Crash reporting to collect crash information via the SAP Cloud Platform SDK for iOS.
You can now inspect crashes and view aggregated crash data in the Mobile Services admin cockpit
- Creating Apps with Anonymous Access (without authentication) by using the new API Key Only authentication mode.
- Creation of app widgets in the Cloud Platform SDK for iOS Assistant. The Assistant generates the necessary code for the app and the app widget, including secure communication between them.
- An enhanced security layer in SAPFoundation to enable secure and reliable communication between the app and the app extension processes.
SAPOfflineOData for iOS now supports
- Stream property for OData Version 4
- Enum type for OData Version 4.
- A new API getDefiningQueriesthat returns all existing defining queries.
- Removing defining query after the store is open and loaded
- Multiple languages for default messages from Enhanced Progress API
In case you encounter problems when installing, upgrading or running SAP Cloud Platform SDK for iOS, report an incident using the following components:
- Assistant: MOB-SDK-IOS-AST
- Fiori UI Framework: MOB-SDK-IOS-FUI
- Offline OData Framework: MOB-SDK-IOS-OFL
- Online OData Framework: MOB-SDK-IOS-ONL
- Foundation Framework: MOB-SDK-IOS-FND
- Common Framework: MOB-SDK-IOS-COM
To the spectacular team that worked tirelessly, right from conceptualising the improvements, to defining, designing and eventually building them.