Document Centric Approvals using SAP Cloud Platform Workflow Management
Customers receive documents from different sources in different formats like paper based invoices, or electronic documents. These documents require review and approval from different line of business users. Documents originating from different line of business units also requires review and approval from business users before publishing this as an official document in an enterprise.
A business process requires documents while executing , enabling approves to make a decision. A document can be attached while creating an approval request for eg: ( Invoice approval, Investment approval , Travel request approval etc). Approvers or reviewers can access or modify this document while making a decision. It is possible to attach additional documents to the process in different steps.
SAP Cloud Platform Workflow Management provides process content enabling customers and partners to consume this as accelerator content. This content can be downloaded , consumed with minimal changes or enhance it to meet the business requirements. This will reduce the total cost of development and enable customers to automate their document approvals.
This process content has the following capabilities.
- Possible to dynamically create multi step approval workflow.
- Add approvers and watchers.
- Notifications to approvers and watchers.
- Out of the box integration with SAP Cloud Platform Document Management and Identity Authentication service
- SAP UI5 content as workflow start and task uis.
- Portal content to enable line of business users to attach and submit documents.
- Process visibility scenario to track all document approvals in real time.
The process content is available in SAP Sample Github for customers and partners to enhance the scenario to meet their business requirements. Please clone the project from SAP Sample Github.