SAP Translation Hub enables you to translate texts into additional languages with a set of services. We released in April 2016 the integration of the “translate API” in SAP WebIDE. This integration scenario allows you to translate i18n.properties files directly in your SAP Web IDE projects.
As we were not able to update the translation API in this integration scenario we decided to create a new translation plugin to replace the existing translation integration in SAP WEB IDE.
With the new plugin, we use the “translation project API” from SAP Translation Hub.
The video shows how it works:
The setup of the translation plugin in SAP WEB IDE is not complicated and the goal of this blog post is to provide a step by step guide.
- Open your SAP Cloud Platform neo account
- In the Cockpit pane on the left, choose Destinations, and create a destination for your account with the following data:
Enter the URL. URLs adhere to the following naming convention: <base URL of your SAP Translation Hub account>/translationhub/
You can copy the required URL from SAP Translation Hub as follows:
|User||Enter your SAP Cloud Platform user name. The user must have been assigned to the User role. See Setting Up Roles and Authorizations.|
|Password||Enter your SAP Cloud Platform password.|
- In Additional Properties, enter the following data:
- Choose Save; depending on the system performance, it may take several minutes for the changes to take effect.
- Choose Services and locate the SAP Web IDE tile by searching for
web. Then choose the tile.
- In the service description for SAP Web IDE, choose Go to Service.
- Select on the left side in SAP Web IDE the Preference icon and select in Extensions.
- To enable the ‘SAP Translation Hub Plugin’, search for ‘translation’ and enable it by clicking on the off/on button.
- Now you can start the translation with a right click on the source properties file in your project with “Generate Translation Files (plugin)”
- If not yet done in your project settings – select the domain and target languages and start the translation with a click on the ‘Generate’ button.
- Enter your Git password and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- The translation starts in the background and a new translation project is created automatically in SAP Translation Hub. After the translation is finished you will get a notification in right side “Pull files from git”.
- Open the Git Pane and select Pull.
- You can find the new i18n.properties files for the selected target languages in your project