SAP Data Warehouse Cloud & SAP BW/4HANA Model Transfer – Part 4
So far we have setup our SAP BW/4HANA System, we configured the Tunnel connection from SAP Analytics Cloud to SAP BW/4HANA and we configured the DP Agent.
So at this point, we can configure the connection in SAP Data Warehouse Cloud and we can release the BW Query , so that we can use the BW Query as part of the Model Transfer integration between SAP Data Warehouse Cloud and SAP BW/4HANA.
- In SAP Data Warehouse Cloud, navigate to the Space Management.
- Open the Space that you would like to use.
- Start the process to add a new Connection.
- Select the option for the SAP BW/4HANA Model Transfer.
- Define a Business Name and a Technical Name for the connection.
- Ensure to select the DP Agent that you configured in the previous step.
- Go to the next step.
- You can now choose to use SSL Encryption, which would also require that your DP Agent is setup for SSL.
- You can choose for validate the server certification. In my example, I am using false as we didn’t setup the certificate.
- For the HANA Credentials you need to provide HANA credentials (not BW/4 credentials), which have read access to the Schema of the BW/4HANA System in SAP HANA.
- Click Create Connection.
The connection is being assigned to your SPACE.
As next step we need to release the queries in BW/4HANA, so that we can use them as part of the BW/4HANA Model Transfer.
- Logon to your SAP BW/4HANA System.
- Start transaction RSDWC_QUERY
- Here you can select the BW Query and release the BW Query for the BW/4HANA Model Transfer, by creating a SAP Data Warehouse Cloud Variant.
- In case your query does have Input enabled Variables, you can also set the values for those.
- In case there are some limitations or warnings for the BW Query, you will see those right away, before releasing the BW Query. As shown, in my case the query contains compounded characteristics, which are not yet support.
So now we have the connection setup, and we have the BW Query released, so we have all the items to bring in the BW Query model into SAP Data Warehouse Cloud.
- In SAP Data Warehouse Cloud we open the Business Builder.
- Make sure you select the correct SPACE.
- We then use the Import from Connection option.
- We then select the BW/4HANA Model Transfer Connection we created before.
… and we are presented with our released Analytical Query and we can already see the list of suggested elements that the BW/4HANA Model transfer is suggesting to generate in the Business Builder as well as in the Data Builder…
… which we will then discuss in the next blog.
The current list of limitations for the BW/4HANA Model Transfer can be found here:
In case you would to follow the step by step guidance, you can register for a free SAP Data Warehouse Cloud Trial here.