Before we start configuring elements, such as the Data Provisioning Agent, Cloud Connector, and the Tunnel Connection towards our SAP BW/4HANA System, we first of all need to make sure our SAP BW/4 HANA System is updated for the integration with SAP Data Warehouse Cloud and that all the right services have been started.
- SAP BW/4HANA Versions
- The Model Transfer is supported with SAP BW/4HANA 2.0 SP07 or higher
- In case you are on SAP BW/4HANA 2.0 SP01 to SP06, you need to ensure the following notes are being applied to your SAP BW/4HANA system:
- In addition, please make sure that the following service are active and you can use transaction SICF to ensure that
- Also in your BW/4HANA System open the Customizing (transaction SPRO) and navigate to SAP Gateway > OData Channel > Administration > General Settings >Activate and Maintain Services.
- Start the Activity
- Select the service ESH_SEARCH_SRV and ensure its activated
We configured the SAP BW/4HANA system for the Model Transfer and in the next step we need to setup a Tunnel Connection from SAP Analytics Cloud to our SAP BW/4HANA System.
So in case you want to follow the steps along, perhaps sign up for a trial and get a system ready to leverage information from your SAP BW system in combination with SAP Data Warehouse Cloud.