Amending Industry Types in SAP Business ByDesign
Industry types are used in SAP Business ByDesign to categories your business partners, such as customer accounts or suppliers. As standard you get a number of predefined industry types with the system but often you will find that your business requires more specific industry types that don’t fit with the standard.
Here are some brief instructions on how to maintain these yourself in your ByDesign system:
1. Go to the Overview view of the Business Configuration work centre:
2. Search for “General Business Partners”:
3. Click the “Change Immediately” button:
4. Select the “Maintain Industries” option:
5. Add the new industry type, change the industry descriptions or delete those you no longer require:
6. Click the “Save and Close” button:
7. Then click the “Close” button to return to the business configuration work centre:
8. The new industry type will now available to select in business partner records, e.g. accounts and suppliers:
This is very useful function. Thanks Paul.