SAP Data Warehouse Cloud & SAP BW/4HANA Model Transfer – Step by Step Guidance
After we looked at the integration of SAP Data Warehouse Cloud in combination with SAP BW 7.5 (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4) we via the ABAP Adaptor, we are now going to take a look a the required steps for the Model Transfer integration between SAP Data Warehouse Cloud and SAP BW/4HANA.
Please note, that the SAP BW/4HANA Model Transfer is still in Beta phase with a few selected customers.
For the integration of SAP Data Warehouse Cloud and SAP BW/4HANA we will need the following:
- Part 1: We need to check our BW4/HANA System on a set of pre-requisites and additional SAP Notes and ensure the necessary services are enabled.
- Part 2: We will need to setup a Tunnel connection from the embedded SAP Analytics Cloud to our BW/4HANA System, which requires us to setup the Cloud Connector
- Part 3: We will also need to setup the Data Provisioning Agent (DP Agent)
- Part 4: We have to release those BW Queries that we would like to use as part of the Model Transfer
- Part 5: We can then use a BW Query as source in the combination of SAP Data Warehouse Cloud and SAP BW/4HANA.
Similar like we did for the blog series on the integration of SAP Data Warehouse Cloud and SAP BW 7.5, we will use this blog as a kind of landing page to bring those 5 parts together.
So in case you want to follow the steps along, perhaps sign up for a trial and get a system ready to leverage information from your SAP BW system in combination with SAP Data Warehouse Cloud.