SAP BTP ABAP Environment – Maintenance Windows and Major Upgrade Windows in 2021
One of the benefits of using SAP BTP ABAP Environment is that updates and upgrades are applied by SAP to the systems in quiet a high frequency and close to the corresponding release time.
Find the latest known dates of Major Upgrade Windows and Weekly Maintenance Windows for 2021 in this blog.
Major Upgrade Windows
As in 2020, the SAP BTP ABAP Environment will have 4 Major Upgrade Windows in 2021. These 24 hours of potential system unavailability are used to upgrade the systems to the next major version.
The dates for the Major Upgrade Windows are harmonized between all SAP Cloud Products and scheduled for the following weekends:
- February 20th – 21st (Release 2102)
- May 22nd – 23rd (Release 2105)
- August 21st – 22nd (Release 2108)
- November 13th – 14th (Release 2111)
Depending on the data center region, the 24 hours downtime will start/end at:
- APJ: FRI 9 pm – SAT 9 pm UTC
- Europe: SAT 4 am – SUN 4 am UTC
- Americas: SAT 10 am – SUN 10 am UTC
Weekly Maintenance Windows
Potentially every weekend, the SAP BTP ABAP Environment could use a downtime of 4 hours, to apply database updates, Hotfix Collections and other changes.
Depending on the data center region, the 4 hours downtime may start at:
- APJ: SAT 3 pm UTC
- Europe: SAT 10 pm UTC
- Americas: SUN 4 am UTC
For release 2105 the following dates are currently (April. 2021) scheduled as Weekly Maintenance Windows:
- Hotfix Collection 3 for Release 2105
- May 29th – 30th 2021
- Hotfix Collection 4 for Release 2105
- June 5th – 6th 2021
- Hotfix Collection 5 for Release 2105
- June 19th – 20th 2021
- Hotfix Collection 6 for Release 2105
- July 3rd – 4th 2021
- Hotfix Collection 7 for Release 2105
- July 17th – 18th 2021
- Maintenance Windows and Major Upgrade Windows for SAP Cloud Services
- SAP Note 2888562 – Intelligent Enterprise Suite: Harmonized release calendar for SAP Cloud products
- Service Level Agreement for SAP Cloud Services
We have taken all measures possible to make this post as accurate as possible, but things sometimes fall through the cracks. In case you find any errors or inconsistencies please let us know.
The above given dates and times might change without notice and/or reflection in this blog. For latest accurate dates and times, please check out the referenced, and non-referenced information available from SAP.