S/4Hana Sourcing & Procurement Flexible Workflow
Flexible Workflow is a scenario-based workflow which can have more than one start conditions. It has a possibility of determining approvers through a lot of different options. It has an option to specify under which conditions the workflow step should be triggered / applicable. It supports integration with Fiori My inbox app, which is SAP’s suggested inbox for all the workflow actions in S4 HANA. Flexible Workflow can be configured using a Fiori app, and approval action can be taken from My Inbox Fiori App. Flexible Workflow Supports the Fiori 2.0 push notifications. It’s an alternative to the Release strategy.
- Activate FWF:
- PO Doc type assigned to FWF
- Saved. Transport request were generated.
- Open Fiori App “Manage Workflows for Purchase Order”
- Add workflow name and Description with validity dates
- Add conditions:
- Add step sequence to have more conditions:
- By default, the step type is set “Automatic Release of Purchase Order”
- The approver can be picked by User Role or by User ID
- The release can be managed by one approver or all approver based on the selection:
- Save and Activate. Once activated then we can deactivate or delete. It can’t be edited
- Process Steps
- PO is created.
- Setup Conditions are maintained.
- All conditions are met, and PO creation message is displayed like “Standard PO is created with the number 45xxxxxxxx.
- While PO are in approval, it cant be edited.
- FWF was triggered with the approval conditions.
- Open My Inbox app.
- Based on the user role or user id, PO approval notification is received to Inbox.
- PO approval will have the following options:Author – Sumit De.