End of transition period after UK leaving the EU (Brexit) and its impact to Intrastat of SAP Business ByDesign
The transition period after UK leaving the EU is planned to end at 31.12.2020. This will also have an impact on Intrastat Reporting in SAP Business ByDesign. Although negotiations between UK and EU are ongoing and not all the details are known, we would like inform you about the main aspects provided by SAP Business ByDesign.
As you know, SAP Business ByDesign has withdrawn further support of Intrastat-related changes in 2015. So from 2015 onwards, the use of Intrastat was only possible with the help of add-ons [see 3 different types A,B,C which you find in the picture below].
Nevertheless, after the end of the transition period for UK, SAP Business ByDesign will continue filling the Intrastat Item Work List (Intrastat Valuation Business Object) with the relevant product-related documents (e.g. deliveries/invoices) needed for inner EU trade and customs zone Intrastat reporting. The Intrastat Item work list will hold only data for inner EU trade to keep it consistent – also for all other EU countries [see also left dark yellow box in picture below].
The Northern Ireland Protocol was introduced as part of the Withdrawal Agreement and this means together with the limited support:
- the Northern Ireland region of UK would be still considered as part of the EU trade and customs zone for which Intrastat Items Work List will be filled.
- To identify the Northern Ireland region, we plan to use the postal codes. We recommend to customers to ensure that the postal codes are duly maintained in the address definitions. Please also refer to the overall blog for impact of End of transition period
- Specific Intrastat Declaration and files for Northern Ireland will not be provided.
- The deliveries/invoices from/to other regions of UK (England, Scotland and Wales) will be excluded from the Intrastat Items Work List and with this also Intrastat Declarations for UK cannot not be created any more.
Beyond this, there is no additional activity planned from the SAP Business ByDesign.
- Intrastat declarations for UK are only possible for the periods before the end of the transition period (e.g. 31.12.2020) [see right dark yellow box in picture above]
- Potential Intrastat declarations for Northern Ireland must be handled with an add-on (type A or B) [see yellow boxes in picture above]. We recommend to customers to reach out to their partners for support
- Intrastat-like reporting requests from UK must be covered with an add-on outside the Intrastat Item Work List (type A) [see left light yellow box in picture above]. We recommend to customers to reach out to their partners for support
Hello Ms. Zimmermann,
our UK colleagues have the following requirement:
"SAP has not been selecting any data when we’ve been running the application Intrastat. Unfortunately the tax authorities decided that we still have to declare Arrivals until the end of calendar year 2021, and they are starting to request that we catch up."
It seems to be correct that the company has to declare the Arrivals. But ByD does not show any relevant items? What can be done in that case? Should we open an incident?
Thank you and best regards,
Hello Ms. Kläs,
Intrastat reports inner EU goods exchange. So, after the Brexit, goods send to and received from UK are not part of inner EU shipments any more. EU countries such as Germany, France do not allow to consider it after the Brexit. So deliveries to and from UK (except Northern Ireland) are not part of the Intrastat (Item Work List) any longer.
Intrastat-like reporting requests from UK - as you mentioned above - must be covered with an add-on outside Intrastat and is not supported by SAP Business ByDesign (see last bullet point of the blog).
Hope this clarifies it.
I'm sorry but I'm a bit lost on all rates and declarations.
First of all, being based in France, is the only rate for sales to UK 0% thanks to the code "523 - Export - Goods to Non-EU (Excluding DOM)" ?
Then, concerning the intrastat declaration, where can I find the add-on, please?
Thanks in advance
to find partners for instrastat add-ons you could go to the SAP Store and search for 'Intrastat'.
For the tax question, please address it in the Brexit blog.