SAP S/4HANA Move for Finance Blog series #08 of 15 See How SAP’s Finance Platform Has Evolved Beyond Accounting, Supporting the End-to-End FP&A Function
Thank you for joining our SAP S/4HANA Finance Move blog series breaking down the Webinar Series for Finance Professionals
This on demand webinar is hosted by Michel Hassendonckx, Global Solution Owner Financial Planning & Analysis from SAP. “Finance as the strategic business partner” is all about enabling effective business steering. In this session, we will look into how SAP’s finance architecture supports the end-to-end Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) function and illustrate how effective steering and optimization of your organization’s financial performance can become a reality.
Here’s the agenda Michel will cover:
- The importance of effective business steering and the challenges to be addressed
- Key FP&A responsibilities and how to benefit from SAP S/4HANA combined with SAC
- Enabling responsive driver-based planning
- Enabling continuous, granular transparency in financial performance
- Delivering group-wide actionable insights
- Moving towards pro-active business steering
- From classic margin reporting to pro-active steering: how SAP enables this in practice
In addition to the main session “See How SAP’s Finance Platform Has Evolved Beyond Accounting, Supporting the End-to-End FP&A Function” there are two additional deep dive sessions available with this session. Logon to the main session, then scroll down to access the deep dives seen here:
- How to Analyze Your Margin in a Changing Business Context with SAP
The evolution of business models (for instance arising service models) not only results in changing operational processes but also have their impact on what drives margin. In this session, we will look into the different options to analyze your margin but also how to deal with different types of costs across different business models, whether your business models remain stable or not.
- Provide a Flexible Platform for Your Integrated Planning Approach with SAP S/4HANA and SAP Analytics Cloud for Planning
Integrated, driver based or connected planning. Different terms arise, indicating that financial planning is not a stand-alone exercise. In this session, we will illustrate how the SAP S/4HANA – SAP Analytics Cloud for Planning combination addresses this business need. We will also dive into the delivered content that is available today.
Again, to access the deep dives log into the main session “Establish Trust Across the Financial Close” from www.sap.com\move-finance then scroll down to access the deep dives as pictured above.
Additionally, here are some of the questions and answers from our live session:
- Does the Universal Journal replace COPA Account and/or Costing Based?
The margin analysis is the recommended go-to solution in SAP S/4HANA. The former ERP account based is not supported in SAP S/4HANA. Cost based could be used in SAP S/4HANA On Premise but not in the cloud.
- How does the SAP Analytics Cloud support reporting?
SAP Analytics Cloud provides enterprise business intelligence (BI) capabilities in addition to planning features. For business analysts the platform removes the barriers between Planning and Analysis. Planners and administrators get feature-rich storytelling and analysis — including augmented analytic capabilities — which is normally only available via integration with an external BI tool. Including live reporting for SAP S/4HANA.
- Does SAP Analytics Cloud offer drill-down capabilities to source system to go into more details on the actual financial postings?
Yes — SAP Analytics Cloud Planning allows the user to drill down the hierarchies and drill through to the actual general ledger transaction level detail at the document level – to see the cause of the variance being analyzed. This would be virtually impossible with third-party BI or planning solution and is incredibly valuable for financial analysts performing variance analysis.
- Will SAP Business Planning and Consolidation (SAP BPC) be phased out in the future by SAP? If yes, when is the planned date?
BPC is still supported, you can find details regarding the maintenance in the following blog: https://blogs.sap.com/2020/04/30/sap-bpc-product-suite-extending-maintenance/ Additionally, for the latest support dates or other version, please check out the SAP Product Availability Matrix (PAM) http://support.sap.com/pam.
For a complete outline of our on demand series check out www.sap.com/move-finance
SAP S/4HANA Move for Finance Blog series