How to send Legacy Purchase Orders to ARIBA Network and NOT have your Suppliers action on them
Introduction: During Go-live there may be a time when the client asks to replicate the Legacy Purchase Orders from S4/ERP to Ariba. The Business requirement NOT have your Suppliers action on them as these POs are already fulfilled by Suppliers. And we don’t want show Suppliers these Pos as duplicate POs. This is only a show for the Supplier to understand that this is a Legacy Order.
Note:Best Practice is to close OPEN PO’s then create new Orders in the new ERP System, The Legacy orders could be Open because they have not been fully received in your legacy Application. The other option is that the order has been fully received but NOT invoiced. So, what do you do? Please see below and make the following adjustments, so you can push the OPEN PO to Ariba UI /Network and do a 2way or 3 way match (depending on how your exceptions are set (missing GR)).
Proposed Solution: If your Legacy Purchase Orders have already been sent to the Supplier to fill, and there is NO reason to send them to the Suppliers to mistake as a new order, please follow the steps below to engage Legacy Purchase Orders to Spend Management / Invoice Management (ARIBA) via the CIG.
- Log into CIG either via the Ariba UI or Buyer.ARIBA.com UI or integration and below are Ariba Network steps:
- Go to Administration and Configuration
- Select Cloud Integration Gateway Setup
- Select ‘Go to the Ariba Cloud Integration Gateway’ or https://integration.ariba.com
- Select My Configurations and Mappings
- Select the Pencil next to the cXML Doc Type for OrderRequest (this Doc is the PO output/message from S4 to ARIBA via the CIG
- Open the Structure on the left (from S4) and open the cXML OrderRequest doc to the right,Note that as of now, its mandatory to add “AribaNetwork.LegacyOrders” to the OrderHeader level of this structure.
- DUPLICATE the Extrinsic node (creating # 2 Extrinsic value) shown above to OrderRequestHeader
- Drag/Drop mapping line from BSART (Doc Type) to new Extrinsic
- Add Source Condition, to IDOC BSART = Value DB (see yellow then select BSART)
- Add Fx (function) Substring Start -1 and Length 1 (Parameter 1 and 2)
- Add Extrinsic Constant Value ‘AribaNetwork.LegacyOrders’ (target value @name)
- Save the mapping
- Initiate mapped solution to TEST and Test the solution with valid PO data (doctype) DB or other.
This solution uses (Document Type) BSART as the field to map, (Legacy Purchase Orders) that were loaded via BSART Document Type. The Legacy Orders in this Map are under “DB” (dummy purchase orders), (it’s possible to use any doc type here, suggest creating a NEW Doc Type for Legacy Orders). It’s possible to use any open field from the PO structure really, if there is a create condition to go along with that posting (BRF Setting not shown here). The source condition type (set value) is ‘DB’ in the S4 structure and is add as the start condition, and push this to Extrinsic Target.
Note: If the ‘AribaNetwork.LegacyOrders’ if not found in the Value List, just add it.
If you have a source Doc you can upload it from your desktop, usually for this report it will be a full IDOC from S4. (from Order) once saved you can use it over and over.
First perform negative test (order type “NB”)
Note: System Id is blank here, this means that your changes are for all clients, its best practice to create one mapping PER Client then once approved move it to the next client). It’s also important to have the CORRECT Chrome Certificates from SAP / ARIBA as stated above. This will cause you to lose the ability to RIGHT CLICK on any area of the UI.
Non-Ariba Networked Supplier (INV Managed): They should not get any PO but if an output was transmitted, it will suggest the PO has already been fulfilled.
Written By – Robert Demchuk Jr