Helpful Tips from the Customer Interaction Center – SAP Universal ID
SAP Universal ID allows you to combine all your existing and future S/P-user ID(s) under a single password, eliminating the need to keep track of all your S/P-user numbers.
Sounds good, right? There’s even more!
The main benefits of SAP Universal ID are:
- You can take control of your SAP Account,
- It’s free and requires no software installation
- You have one account across all SAP Sites which allows seamless working
- Your Universal ID will go with you no matter where you work throughout your career.
The sign-up time takes less than two minutes and can be created via either of the following two options:
- Visit the SAP Universal ID Registration Site and follow the instructions.
- Visit the SAP Universal ID Account Manager, click the Create UID Account button and follow the instructions.
Now for the important details. You want to know which SAP sites will be part of the SAP Universal ID program?
Is creating a Universal ID really worth it?
You know the answer already. SAP for Me, SAP.com, SAP ONE Support Launchpad, SAP Support Portal, SAP Help Portal, SAP Training & Learning, SAP Store, SAP Ariba Connect and SAP Partner Store are the leading sites incorporated so far.
A phased approach is being used to integrate SAP Universal ID into more SAP sites over time.
New sites are added frequently so stay tuned for more of your favourite SAP sites.
Some helpful tips for starting off with your Universal ID
Now that you have created your Universal ID, here is some good–to–know information when starting off.
SAP Universal ID works on the desktop browsers Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Edge and the latest versions of iOS and Android for smartphones and tablets. SAP Universal ID does not work on Internet Explorer.
If for any reason you need to…
- Link accounts and email addresses
- Maintain personal data and change main Universal ID email address
- Change password
- Download an archived copy of the personal information and accounts related to the customers SAP Universal ID
- Request deletion of the SAP Universal ID
You can do all this on SAP Universal ID Account Manager (SAM).
SAM is your single-entry point to view, update, and manage your personal information, account security settings, and associations to companies.
The Universal ID is your key to unlock and navigate the SAP World online.
Latest news on SAP Universal ID can be found here.
For more information please see the updated FAQ’s On the Universal ID website https://discover.sap.com/universalid/en-us/support.html
Thank you for reading and spread the word.