H2R Migration for Standalone S/4 Systems
With S/4CE 2102 , a process to start migrating the existing S/4 Cloud Customers to a new data model will begin. Please note the process described in this blog caters to all S/4CE customers who dont have a SFSF integration.
What is this migration about?
- All information stored in the employee object will now be moved to the a new object called the Workforce Employee.
- This involves moving data from 1 set of tables into another set of tables.
How will this migration be executed?
- The plan is to move all data from the legacy tables into a Staging area which is mapped onto the new data model.
- This data is checked for consistency .
- After the consistency checks , a key map migration to link the old into the new data model is executed.
- Once the keymap migration is complete, the data in the staging area (step 1 ) is migrated into the simplified data model.
- After all the data migration is complete , a feature toggle (switch) is activated which activates the new data model.
How will the customer experience the change due to the migration?
- One important change will be that the customer while trying to search for employees will stop using the Employee Search Object and have to use the Employee_Workforce Search object instead.
- The Employee Factsheet is the main window for accessing relevant employee data in S/4HANA.
- There will not be any change here as the Employee Fact sheet after Step 5 above , will adapt to the new data model.
Migration Plan in detail.
- In 2011 S/4CE , SAP will run data consistency checks on existing Q and P customer systems.
- Note: These data consistency checks are DPP compliant and dont record any uniquely identifiable information on the data in the customer systems.
- If there are errors in the customer data , then SAP would contact the customer and request creating a customer ticket so that the customers can be informed about these errors and can take proactive action. Once the errors go away, the migration process will be triggered as described in Step 4.
- If there are no errors ,then a migration will be performed by SAP by informing the customer on the timelines.
What happens after the migration?
In S/4CE 2105 , SAP will undertake a project to remove (carve out) all tables belonging to the legacy dat model.
Before the migration , the customer used the 2 following channels to upload employee information into S/4HANA CE.
- Excel Upload utility.
- 3rd Party API Upload utility.
Please note, even after the migration , the above two utilities will continue to work as before.
Please refer to OSS note 2990013 for more detailed information