Welcome to the SAP contest: “i-Robotize Business Processes”
How could we add some brightness to the quarantine time business?
That was the question we`ve been thinking about with the team. And the idea came straight away. It’s time for ideas contest or Ideathon!
For the period of November-December, when everyone is trying to finalize fulfillment of their plans and is running for his year goals, SAP CIS and SAP Intelligent RPA team would like to announce the contest for the best ideas for Robotic Process Automation. We invite to participate companies from Georgia, Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan!
There are two sides of the same coin. One is related to constant world changes, including the COVID-19 pandemic, which seriously challenges economies and companies. How new technologies could be leveraged? What processes can be improved and optimized, how to innovate and be one step ahead of the competitors?
Another side is process automation. One of the most relevant technologies now is the Robotic Process Automation (RPA) – the technology which allows companies to assign a software robot (bot) to perform repetitive mundane tasks. The robot is able to place orders to suppliers, disassemble bank statement, transfer data from the old system to the new one, collect information from the Internet to check customers and counterparties. Robot will be the employee who is the last to leave the office and first to come back in the morning. Routine automation will free up time for employees to be involved in more interesting and strategic tasks! How to understand and define processes and areas for RPA? What first steps companies which are new to this technology should do to perform well and get the value?
Here is where our contest could help! In this contest our valuable customers will provide their ideas for processes automation, our mentors will help them to structure these ideas and share some SAP solution overview. Finally, our Jury will define the most interesting ideas and award the winners, who will get the realization of their pilot with the help of our partners for free!
The contest supports the following goals:
- To attract the participants to the topic of automation of routine operations based on the SAP Intelligent RPA solution;
- To define and select the most promising ideas for the implementation of pilot RPA projects based on the SAP Intelligent RPA solution;
- To set up a RPA topic community for customers, partners and SAP experts interaction;
- To increase the expertise in RPA-based business processes automation for market participants
Here is the roadmap for the contest:
All the period starting from the introductory webinar up to idea finalization, our participants with the support of mentors will fill the idea submission form, which is prepared for them as a ppt presentation. Finally they will use the prepared presentation for their pitching on the 21st of December.
The proposed template for the idea consists of 4 major areas:
- Idea relevance, where participants indicate the reason for process automation and give a background
- The strength of the project idea, where participants will estimate the current processes and define the value of their idea
- Evolution of the idea, where participants will consider other areas for RPA usage
- Description and structuring of the process covered by the project, where participants step-by-step will describe their process and systems impacted
Pitching is the stage on which participants will present their ideas and the Jury will assess them. The following criteria will be considered during the assessment:
- Validity of the nominated idea for participant’s company
- Potential benefits from the implementation of the idea
- Scalability, applicability to other companies
- Relevance of the idea to the market in a remote work format
- Completeness and accuracy of filling out the idea submission form especially for project, benefits and results description
Winners will get free of charge pilot based on nominated idea, free of charge audit of one business process for robotization, other special gifts from partners of the contest and participants diplomas.