This year, SAP and AWS continued their momentum and strong commitment to the partnership by delivering many new and enhanced innovative solutions to meet the ever-evolving needs of their joint customers.
In this blog, I am excited to share some of the recent great releases of relevance to SAP customers that use AWS cloud to transform their business. I hope this will give you a sneak peek and remind you to register (if you have not already done so) for the upcoming SAP TechEd 2020 and AWS re:Invent 2020 virtual and free conference events.
I’ll start first with the recent announcement of SAP HANA Cloud Trial for AWS – a cloud native database as a service (DBaaS) offering from SAP that provides a single gateway to all customer data.
- With SAP HANA Cloud, customers can unite and manage data from all sources (SAP, non-SAP, on-premise, and the cloud) to gain real-time insight – while at the same time taking advantage of all the benefits AWS cloud has to offer (increased agility, high reliability and reduced TCO). It comes with built-in data lake – where customers can store massive amounts of data at a low cost but still access this data whenever they need it. All of this is done with the same high performance and flexibility that customers have come to expect from SAP HANA.
Click here to experience SAP HANA Cloud for yourself and sign up for the trial now.
Businesses looking for a cloud native data warehouse-as-a-service solution can leverage SAP Data Warehouse Cloud which combines the powerful SAP HANA data management capabilities and the broad advanced analytics capabilities of SAP Analytics Cloud with the AWS cloud elasticity and as-a-service availability to deliver a modern, intuitive cloud solution designed for both business and IT.
- SAP Data Warehouse Cloud provides instant access to data via pre-built business content and adapters to integrate data from various sources – enabling business users to connect, transform, model, and visualize their data and gain real-time insights.
Ready to see what SAP Data Warehouse Cloud can do for you? Sign up for the free trial today.
Earlier this year, SAP introduced SAP Business Application Studio trial environment on AWS – a new SAP Cloud Platform service which offers a modern development environment tailored for efficient development of business applications for the SAP Intelligent Enterprise.
- Check this great blog to learn how to deploy SAP Cloud Connector on AWS using SAP Business Application Studio and connect your SAP system to a wide range of innovations in the SAP Cloud Platform.
In the area of data privacy and protection, SAP continued to strengthen data visibility and protection for enterprises by adding many new capabilities to its SAP Data Custodian for AWS offering that was first introduced at SAP TechEd 2019.
- Due to increasing demands from regulators, lawmakers, and customers, businesses are required to establish public cloud processing trust and demonstrate fundamental security and data protection principles. SAP Data Custodian offers the tools and technology for customers to meet this demand and bring their regulatory and compliance requirements to AWS cloud.
For the latest overview of innovative Transparency, Control, and Key Management features offered by SAP Data Custodian, make sure to check this recent blog titled “Winning Trust. SAP Data Custodian Co-Innovation Project“.
AWS also greatly improved and introduced many new infrastructure services for SAP workloads, including:
- Upgraded EC2 high memory (6-24TB) instances for SAP HANA, to offer higher storage and network bandwidth and 1-year reservation purchase option.
- SAP certified new EC2 C5a instances that are AMD EPYC-based and offer the lowest cost per x86 vCPU in the Amazon EC2 portfolio. They also provide a reduction of 10% in terms of $ per SAPS.
- New EBS Volume Type (io2) offering 100x higher durability and 10x more IOPS/GiB – making it ideal storage for performance-intensive, business-critical SAP HANA app workloads.
- Increased SLA for Amazon Elastic File System to 99.99% and ability to increase the storage capacity and to change the throughput capacity of FSx for Windows Server that’s typically used for hosting the SAP Global File Systems.
Throughout the year, SAP and AWS have collaborated to bring to the market the latest innovations from operating system partners:
- Earlier this month, AWS announced availability of New RHEL for SAP with HA and US in AWS Marketplace which adds some of the most sought-after features, like support for SAP Business Applications based on SAP NetWeaver, access to Pacemaker cluster software for high availability installations, and extended four-year update support (E4S) to the RHEL for SAP HANA AMI.
- In Sep 2020, AWS Launch Wizard for SAP added support for the latest release of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 15 that features improved high availability and several new capabilities (such as SUSE Linux Enterprise Live Patching, and SUSE Lifecycle Management Module).
For more details on these and many other innovations – join us for free, virtual online presentations led by SAP and AWS developers, technologists, and other experts at the upcoming SAP TechEd 2020 (Dec 8 – Dec 10) and AWS re:Invent 2020 (Nov 30 – Dec 18) virtual conference events.
With a combination of live-streamed and on-demand sessions, participants will be able to hear about a wide range of topics presented at workshops, lectures, breakouts, expert Q&As, and roadmap sessions. I hope to see you all there!
- SAP TechEd 2020: Virtual, Free and Jam-Packed with Interesting New Content By Cecilia Huergo, Nov 10, 2020
- Getting Started with SAP HANA Cloud (Free Trial) By Denys van Kempen, Mar 28, 2020
- Deploy SAP Cloud Connector on AWS using SAP Business Application Studio By Patrick Leung, Nov 13, 2020
- SAP Data Custodian Receives Prestigious International Recognition ByThomas Lee, Sep 26, 2019
- AWS Launch Wizard now supports SAP deployments with Red Hat Enterprise Linux Version 8.1, Sep 25, 2020
- AWS Launch Wizard now supports SAP deployments with SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP1 and 12 SP5, Sep 4, 2020
- Recap of AWS re:Invent 2019 Conference By Zora Caklovic, Jan 8, 2020