SAP S/4HANA for group reporting delivers the last mile of reporting with SAP Disclosure Management
Available on public or private cloud, and on premise, SAP S/4HANA for group reporting is SAP’s strategic solution for financial consolidation and management reporting. SAP S/4HANA for group reporting unifies companies’ entity close and group close processes on a single system, providing end-to-end transparency from accounting documents to consolidated financial statements.
Today, the integration of SAP S/4HANA for group reporting with SAP Disclosure Management helps you simplify your financial close process, as well as streamline the last mile of reporting, managing the production, publication and filing of regulatory disclosures, financial regulatory statements and reports.With release 10.1 stack 1700, SAP Disclosure Management now:
- Integrates with SAP S/4HANA for group reporting
- Supports both cloud and on-premise versions of SAP S/4HANA for group reporting
- Directly accesses SAP S/4HANA for group reporting data
- Delivers on a new SAP S/4HANA source in the list of available data sources
Streamline and simplify the last mile of reporting
The primary benefits and features of our disclosure management software include:
- Speed and flexibility. Data from various systems is brought together for one source of the truth. Source data can come from consolidations, core financials, and business intelligence systems, as well as spreadsheets and manual entry; the finance organization can refresh the disclosure data from the source systems at any time. The information from multiple source systems is then combined with narrative to construct financial and regulatory statements.
- Collaboration. A built-in workflow manages the editing and approvals processes between teams and individuals. A financial statement is broken down into chapters and sub-chapters; only one editor can work on a chapter at any given time. The workflow controls the notification of other team members when a chapter or a statement is complete. A comparison of any two versions, highlighting the changes made, can be made at any time.
- Compliance and control. Approvals of individual chapters, and of the overall financial and regulatory statements, maintain a compliant audit trail. Once approved, the financial statements can be published in multiple publication-ready formats, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Adobe PDF and HTML (see the screenshot below). The same data used for the financial statements can also be tagged and electronically filed in XBRL and iXBRL format. This includes complex regulatory requirements such as European Single Electronic Format Regulatory Technical Standard, Solvency II, Common Solvency Ratio Reporting, Financial Reporting or Company Tax Return to HMRC.
How SAP Disclosure Management connects with SAP S/4HANA for group reporting
SAP S/4HANA for group reporting provides an integrated platform for group reporting, unifying general accounting and financial consolidation. Today, the integration of our next-generation consolidation software with SAP Disclosure Management helps you streamline and simplify the last mile of reporting (see the diagram below).
In SAP S/4HANA for group reporting, select the data you need for disclosure
As SAP Disclosure Management will read consolidated data in our financial consolidation product, you don’t need to do anything specific in SAP S/4HANA for group reporting. Therefore, in SAP S/4HANA for group reporting, you just need to identify the data you want to expose to SAP Disclosure Management for your regulatory reports or electronic filing.
The consolidated data you expose to SAP Disclosure Management comes from “queries” (reports) in SAP S/4HANA for group reporting. You can use:
- Standard queries such as “Group Reporting Data Analysis Query without Reporting Rules” (2CCSMATRIXRPT10Q) or “Group Data Analysis Query with Reporting Rules” (2CCSMATRIXRPT30Q), or
- Your own specific queries
You can create your own specific queries user can create custom queries using the Custom Analytical Queries app.
You can quickly and easily search for, browse, and tag the analytical queries, using the Query Browser app. This app displays all the authorized analytical queries and customer queries to which you can access.
In SAP Disclosure Management, consume the consolidated data
A new SAP S/4HANA data source is now available in SAP Disclosure Management which can directly consume consolidated data originated from SAP S/4HANA for group reporting.
The first step in SAP Disclosure Management is to configure the new SAP S/4HANA data source connection, and then to connect to SAP S/4HANA. This first step is done once and for all (see the screenshot below).
As a second step, select the query (consolidated data) you want to consume from SAP S/4HANA for group reporting. The screenshot below depicts an example where the “Group Data Analysis Query with Reporting Rules” is selected.
After you’ve provided all required parameters, the query will be executed, and the resulting consolidated data – such as financial statement items, period mode, consolidation group, consolidation unit eliminated or reporting item – is linked inside SAP Disclosure Management and your to your Microsoft Office documents (see the screenshot below). When data change in the consolidation, just refresh it in SAP Disclosure Management.
Based on this new connection, you can now prepare your disclosures based on data from SAP S/4HANA for group reporting, and benefit from SAP Disclosure Management capabilities to automated the production, filing and publishing of your regulatory financial statements, annual reports, XBRL or iXBRL electronic reporting.
For more information, you can refer to the following:
- SAP S/4HANA for group reporting delivers the last mile of reporting with SAP Disclosure Management (Feature Deck)
- SAP Disclosure Management 10.1 Stack 1700, Help Portal
- SAP Disclosure Management, pre-requisites for SAP S/4HANA (SAP Note 2541557)
- SAP Disclosure Management Road Map Explorer
- SAP S/4HANA for group reporting Help Portal (cloud)
- SAP S/4HANA for group reporting Help Portal (on premise)
- SAP S/4HANA for group reporting Road Map Explorer
Would you like to be informed of the latest news on our next-gen consolidation software, you can follow the tag SAP S/4HANA Finance for group reporting on our SAP Community.
You can also co-innovate online with ourselves in the SAP Product Engineering team by joining us on the SAP S/4HANA for group reporting Customer Influence platform.