The latest support package, SP08, is full of enhancements and new functionality for SAP Identity Management. Largely influenced by the SAP Customer Connection project we started at the beginning of this year, this support package delivers on many highly-rated customer requests.
Let’s have a closer look at what’s inside SP08.
SAP S/4HANA Connector
One of the most prominent new capabilities is a native SAP S/4HANA connector that enables you to set up communication between SAP Identity Management and an SAP S/4HANA on-premise system. It integrates SAP S/4HANA into your SAP Identity Management landscape for provisioning business users. For more information, please read Ivelina Kiryakova’s detailed description in her latest blog.
Many other product enhancements that we’re delivering with SP08 are a direct result of our Customer Connection initiative:
- You can now search for entries using the entry reference attribute (SAP Note 2950096).
- We made it possible to copy values in various text fields without checking out a package (SAP Note 2948314).
- The tab Historical Values now contains the technical name instead of just the display name of attributes. Including this unique identifier makes it easier and less error-prone to work with historical values (SAP Note 2924783).
- The To Do tab contains your approval entries. Its Approval Information sub tab is now pre-populated with all relevant approval information, saving administrators time and increasing overall the overall process quality (SAP Note 2913242).
- We have given the approver access to delegated approval task attributes, allowing for a more informed approval decision (SAP Note 2913210).
- It is now possible for administrators or package owners to test a process without checking out a package in Eclipse (SAP Note 2951301).
- You can now change the User Interface tab and entry type using a URL parameter. This allows a user to directly open specific tabs, select an entry type and quickly search for entries on the Manage tab, without the need to navigate through the Web UI (SAP Note 2980257).
- Package developers and owners can run, stop and force restart a job without checking out a package (SAP Note 2968609).
You can find the complete enhancement list in our Release Notes; for more information on the customer requests behind our development planning, check the SAP Identity Management Customer Connection or join the delivery call on November 30 for a detailed overview of the project scope.
Right now, the development team is busy implementing another popular request, standard reports for SAP Identity Management. We are planning to provide several reports centered around users, business roles, privileges, and user data. The new capability will simplify reporting for administrators and those who maintain users in SAP Identity Management.