SAP SuccessFactors Reporting & Analytics 2011 Release FAQ (Q&A Series Experience)
2011 SuccessFactors Release continues to deliver a better experience of Product Release Information to customers and partners.
- What’s New Viewer: Provides Dynamic, mobile-friendly interface with improved information quality & enhanced use of supporting visuals – What’s New Viewer
- Q&A Series: Conversational approach to learn more about new release features directly with Product Management, these sessions answered the questions that matter most to your organization.
Taking a step further, to give clarity and a detailed explanation of some Frequently Asked Questions raised by the customers during the Reporting and Analytics Q&A session, we have picked the top 10 questions and tried to answer them in detail below.
- Will the upgrade to People Analytics be sometime the universal change?
- How and what user data flows from SF to IAS/People Analytics for authentication?
- Is there a steps guide to activate People Analytics in an Instance. What are the Pre-Requisites for enabling stories in the instance?
- Some of the People Analytics features like content store & proxy support are not yet available in my instance.
- When will partners have access to Story Reports in the paid demo?
- What is foreseen in the roadmap for advanced & planning editions of People Analytics?
- Do we require any additional permission to access the “Content Store”?
- If we already have the FTP Protocol set to SFTP in Prod, will we still need to make any changes?
- When will all Learning module data be available in People Analytics?
- What is the plan to phase off the Advanced Reporting and migrate to People Analytics?
Question 1: Will the upgrade to People Analytics be sometime the universal change?
Answer: Stories in People Analytics is the go-forward solution for all Reporting at SuccessFactors. Eventually, we will sunset the legacy Reporting tools. However this won’t happen for a number of years, and currently, when you enable Stories it will work in parallel to your existing tools and you will not lose any functionality. We plan to announce more details about the sunset plans in 2021.
Question: 2 How and what user data flows from SF to IAS/People Analytics for authentication?
Answer: Customer’s SF instance acts as a user repository source for both IAS & SAC (People Analytics) applications. IPS is the middleware system we leverage which can perform these user syncs from source (SF) to target (IAS & SAC) systems. The data that is copied over is basic user-related information that is required to authenticate the user session into the People Analytics application seamlessly.
See SAP SuccessFactors Data Storage Consideration guide for more info.
Question 3: Is there a steps guide to activate People Analytics in an Instance. What are the Pre-Requisites for enabling stories in the instance?
Answer: Yes, we have a community post that outlines the details to get it enabled here. Report Center and IAS/IPS are pre-requisites for enabling stories in your instance.
Question 4: Some of the People Analytics Report Story features like content store & proxy support are not yet available in my instance.
Answer: Content store feature is not rolled out yet. It will be made available post our production release. Please see the “Valid As of” date as announced in 2011 What’s New Viewer
Similarly, the proxy feature is not yet rolled out for People Analytics. Please see the “Valid as of” date as announced in 2011 What’s New Viewer
You can also visit the community blog for updates.
Question 5: When will partners have access to Story Reports in the paid demo?
Answer: This is still being worked upon, but we do not have an ETA.
Question 6: What is foreseen in the roadmap for advanced & planning editions of People Analytics?
Answer: We will be communicating plans on advance and planning edition via our roadmap http://roadmaps.sap.com/.
Question 7: Do we require any additional permission to access the “Content Store”?
Answer: As of now only Admins will be able to access the Content store. The RBP permission is “Story Admin” in Manage Dashboards / Reports. More details available here.
Question 8: If we already have the FTP Protocol set to SFTP in Prod, will we still need to make any changes?
Answer: No. If you are already using SFTP then no changes are needed.
- Switch from FTP to SFTP Scheduling for Canvas and Work Force Analytics Reports
- See Community Blog for more information on this.
Question 9: When will all Learning module data be available in People Analytics?
Answer: The public roadmap is available at http://roadmaps.sap.com/ . LMS is currently targeted in 2021. We have not announced any sunset dates for the legacy reporting tools at this stage.
Question 10: What is the plan to phase off the Advanced Reporting and migrate to People Analytics?
Answer: We will sunset over a number of years. When you initially enable Stories in People Analytics you will see no change to the existing products. However, we will announce next year more formal sunset dates.
Other Release specific recommended information:
- SAP SuccessFactors Known Issues Second Half 2020 Release (2H 2020)
- 2011 – Analytics & Reporting Release Information FAQ
- Second Half 2020 Release Resources
Have any queries on People Analytics?
- Please use our customer community channel for asking questions.
- A specific Jam group has also been created for customers to engage in the People Analytics Road Map. This is the most appropriate place to raise questions regarding the future of the People Analytics solution. To gain access to this group please contact PeopleAnalytics@sap.com and request access to the Jam group