New sales area is required on SAP S/4HANA Cloud system based off of the new business needs. However, you don’t know how to add it.
- Open ‘Manage Your Solution’ app and click ‘Configure Your Solution’.
- Search for configuration step: Organizational Structure with ID: 100066 and enter it.
- Choose ‘Distribution Channels’ and add a new channel with ID 20.
- Wait until it’s been activated. Choose ‘Country DE’, ‘Company Code 1010’, ‘Dom. Sales Org DE’.
- Within the screen of ‘Dom. Sales Org DE’, click ‘Add’ to add a new distrition chain with distribution channel 20.
- After it’s been activated, there will be a new item generated under ‘Dom. Sales Org DE’ with name of ‘Distribution Chain: 1010:20’.
- Click into it and click ‘Add Unit’, ‘sales area’, ‘OK’ button.
- The new sales area will be generated until it’s successfully activated.
See also the following KBA: