SAP Fiori Application monitoring refers to tracking the health and the performance of the Application server’s components supporting your SAP Fiori systems landscape. It includes the SAP Gateway, the SAP backends and the underlying databases.
The objective of SAP Fiori Application monitoring is to provide SAP IT Operations teams with the functions to minimise downtime, improve productivity and ensure optimal Performance.
SAP Fiori Application monitoring relies on the following SAP Solution Manager components:
- System Monitoring: Proactively monitor the status and the performances of the SAP gateway.
- End-User Monitoring: Run synthetic transactions against the Fiori application at regular intervals, from “robots” stationed all over the world to monitor connections between “end-user” devices and SAP Gateway.
- Interface monitoring: Monitor the usages and the performances of critical web applications and OData interfaces.
- Focused Insights: Create custom dashboards to control and provide visibility on the performances of your systems.
SAP Fiori Application monitoring relies on two set of indicators:
SAP systems indicators determine the overall performance of the SAP systems.
- Overall average and maximum response time.
- Overall number of requests.
- Number of users.
SAP Fiori application indicators determine the performance of single application.
- Average and maximum response time for individual application.
- Number of access for single application over a given period
SAP System indicators
The main system performance indicators need to be considered as availability, resources consumption and overall response time…
In the example below, a SLR Renderer displays the compliancy of systems performances:
SAP Fiori application indicators
Individual critical WEB application performances are accessed from the Focused Insights Data Provider BexQuery WEB and read from the following queries:
- 0CCMBWSDD_WA_Q0001_D for daily granularity.
- 0CCMBWSDH_WA_Q0001_H for hourly granularity.
Technically, the corresponding queries are configured with the names of the WEB applications as shown below:
/STDF/DP_BEX_QUERIES:legend=nb of requests//sap/public/ping| Queries=0CCMBWSDH-0CCMBWSDH_WA_Q0001_H|Filters=|Selection=1| X_axis=TIMEFRAME|0CCCMHTPT1=/sap/public/ping
SAP Fiori application details views
In addition, web applications usages details are accessible via DynamicTables and Bex queries or views.
The corresponding content is created from the transaction rsrt via BeX Views returning the top 20 WEB applications per number of requests or per average response time.
The corresponding demonstration and contents are accessible from the SAP Solution Manager demonstration system: www.sapsolutionmanagerdemo.com