SAP SuccessFactors EC-ECP Employee Data Replications – Part II
In this blog post I shall focus on prerequisites for the EC-ECP Employee Master Data Replications. Please refer Part I where I introduce a high-level process flow for this replication.
Before I proceed on connectivity related details, here are some valuable tips to aid you in your developments and post implementation support. Feel free to delay thanking me once you have benefitted from them in a live environment. It really did save good amount of time for my project team and while onboarding new members on the project (especially Tip 3).
Tip 1: Download and review the latest documentation for PTP Replication from SAP KBA 2529973 under Employee Central Payroll PTP replication, or go through the online version (you will need S-user access).
Tip 2: For an easy access to the SPRO configuration node for PTP Replications, you can build a custom program with following code and assign a transaction code to it. Without this, you shall have to follow this SPRO node path every time: IMG > Personnel Management > Integration Settings for SuccessFactors Employee Central Payroll
REPORT zhrsfec_ptp_spro_node. START-OF-SELECTION. CALL FUNCTION 'STREE_EXTERNAL_DISPLAY' EXPORTING structure_id = '40F2E9630B8A1EE4B590ADF7F57799FB' display_structure = 'X'.
Tip 3: I suggest you create an Area Menu ZHRSFEC (developed via transaction code: SE43) and categorize all your preferred transactions in the replication process flow under following folder structure:
- Execution: To include the replication transactions:
- For employee data replications: HRSFEC_PTP_EE_REPL
- For OM data replications: HRSFEC_JOB_POS_REPL
Even though you shall be executing these replication programs as background jobs, you might have a need to run them ad hoc at times.
- Troubleshooting: To include transactions which will aid you in troubleshooting and quickly addressing any replication errors.
- SLG1 and custom app log dashboard reports
- SRT_UTIL transaction.
- Standard Replication Status display report: HRSFEC_REPL_STATUS
- Custom transaction to maintain Last Run Table: HRSFEC_PTP_LMOD
- Custom transaction to maintain individual FTSD table: HRSFEC_PN_FTSD
- Development/Configuration: To include transactions that shall visit for any developments or configurations.
- Shortcut to the SPRO node (refer Tip 2)
- Transaction code HRSFEC_SPOT_EEMDR_CE for easy access to SE18 Enhancement Spot (HRSFEC_CE_MASTER_DATA_REPL)
- Transaction code HRSFEC_PTP_CONFIG for EC Connectivity Configuration. Refer below for details on this transaction code.
- Conversion/Cutover (Expert Usage Only): To include any custom programs that you may have built for one-time use during cutover. Some examples:
- Custom program to directly update Full Transmission Start Date (FTSD) in the config table T77SFEC_PTP_CONF. For more information as to why we need it, please refer to this blog post where I elaborate on Step 1 in the process flow.
- Program to update employee key mapping table HRSFEC_D_EEKEYMP. While SAP has supplied program RP_HRSFEC_UPLOAD_EEKEY_MAPPING to perform the table inserts, you might have to develop a custom table deletion program for any clean-ups to this mapping table. For more information on this table please refer to blog post for additional information on Step 3 in the process flow.
- Other Programs: To include any other transactions that don’t follow under above categories. You may further add more categories or re-organize this proposed structure in it’s entirety as per your needs.
Now, let’s discuss about establishing EC-ECP connectivity from EC Payroll standpoint.
The transaction code you shall go to is: HRSFEC_PTP_CONFIG
For this one-time configuration in ECP you should have the following information from your EC consultant:
- API Server URL: ______ (Refer SAP KBA 2215682 to identify the URL to use for your assigned Data Center)
- Company: _____ (EC Tenant is identified from this Company field)
- User: _____ and Password _____. (EC Consultant should have created an API user for this replication with the right RBP role assignment. I suggest your EC teams to have a well-defined nomenclature for API users for easy identification and unique user for each integration. E.g., SFAPI_ECPP01_E1 for connection between Dev ECP P01 and Dev EC E1 Tenant.)
- Replication Target System: _______ (Your ECP system and client; e.g., P01CLNT100)
Once you have entered all the details, click on the execute button. You should receive success report in the output. At times, your SAP security team might not have given you sufficient rights to update access credentials in ECP’s secure store and you would have to seek your BASIS support to perform this activity.
NOTE: You will have to do this step for each pair of EC and ECP systems in your 3-tier landscape. You can do this step in production ahead of the cutover period if required information is available to you.
To confirm if the connectivity has already been established, you can choose the other radio button (Ping Employee Central APIs) and test each of the APIs underneath.
Now that we have established the EC-ECP connectivity, in subsequent posts I shall share details on each of the process flow steps and related configurations/developments. Stay tuned!