HANA Content Object Migration Steps to HANA 2.0 XSA environment
In my last blog I discussed about the overall Migration Process to XSA environment with hybrid approach. In this blog I will discuss about the details steps to migrate the Content object like attribute view, Analytical view and scripted calculation view migration. Along with I will also cover XML based analytical privilege’s migration also.
1. First of all we need to check HANA Studio Version which should be 2.3.19 and Above. In HANA Studio go to HELP option and click on About SAP HANA Studio.
2. Click on the Migrate option under Quick View pane is available.
3. Click on Migrate from Quick View pane and select your HANA system .
4. Now you have three options where you can –
- You can convert Attribute view and Analytical view into Calculation views. This conversion is required as Migration assistant tool unable to convert Attribute view and Analytical view into HANA 2.0 object.
- You can convert Script based calculation view into graphical Calculation views. This conversion is required as Migration assistant tool unable to convert Script based calculation view into HANA 2.0 object.
- You can convert Classic XML based Analytical Privileges into SQ Analytical Privileges . This conversion is required as Migration assistant tool unable to convert Classic XML based Analytical Privilege into HANA 2.0 object.
5. For the above three conversion process select the Content object i.e. Attribute view or Analytical view or Script based calculation view or Classic XML based Analytical Privileges which ever required for you.
6. check the copy and migrate if you want to take the back up otherwise wise do not check that.
7. Go to development perspective. And in Repository under Backup package check your view with table function created.
8. Open the Table function, you can see SQL SECURITY DEFINER .Change DEFINER to INVOKER and then save and activate .
10. Migration Process Phase:In this phase we will select select the delivery unit ,source target systems which include the below steps –
- Prepare Delivery Unit or Package.
- Command execution using Migration assistant tool. The command should look like the below – xs-migration –target-dir /root/tmp/plb/migration DU2,xxx.com
- This command will migrate object of DU2 and store the migrated object into /root/tmp/plb/migration folder.
11. Migration Report checking: Check the migration report generated by the Migration Assistant tool and fix those problem if any before migrating again.
12. Deployment phase : This phase will follow the below steps :-
- 1. Import Migrated content into Web IDE.
- 2. Build the content and deploy the object in HDI container.
This process is complete now. You can see the migrated object in HANA2.0 web IDE now.