HANA Content Object Migration Steps to HANA 2.0 XSA environment
In my last blog I discussed about the overall Migration Process to XSA environment with hybrid approach. In this blog I will discuss about the details steps to migrate the Content object like attribute view, Analytical view and scripted calculation view migration. Along with I will also cover XML based analytical privilege’s migration also.
1. First of all we need to check HANA Studio Version which should be 2.3.19 and Above. In HANA Studio go to HELP option and click on About SAP HANA Studio.
2. Click on the Migrate option under Quick View pane is available.
3. Click on Migrate from Quick View pane and select your HANA system .
4. Now you have three options where you can –
- You can convert Attribute view and Analytical view into Calculation views. This conversion is required as Migration assistant tool unable to convert Attribute view and Analytical view into HANA 2.0 object.
- You can convert Script based calculation view into graphical Calculation views. This conversion is required as Migration assistant tool unable to convert Script based calculation view into HANA 2.0 object.
- You can convert Classic XML based Analytical Privileges into SQ Analytical Privileges . This conversion is required as Migration assistant tool unable to convert Classic XML based Analytical Privilege into HANA 2.0 object.
5. For the above three conversion process select the Content object i.e. Attribute view or Analytical view or Script based calculation view or Classic XML based Analytical Privileges which ever required for you.
6. check the copy and migrate if you want to take the back up otherwise wise do not check that.
7. Go to development perspective. And in Repository under Backup package check your view with table function created.
8. Open the Table function, you can see SQL SECURITY DEFINER .Change DEFINER to INVOKER and then save and activate .
10.Put all the DB artifacts like calculation views, stored procedures into a package i.e. pkgt
11. Create a delivery unit DUT including the package pkgt.
10. Migration Process Phase: In this phase we will select select the delivery unit (DUT) ,source target systems which include the below steps –
A. Download the XSA Migration Assistant tool from SAP service market place.
B. Install the tool.
C. Open CMD and got to the folder where migration assistance tool bat file is available. for or case the folder is C:\PALLAB.
D. execute the below commands to set the target HANA server host port with user_id and password.
xs-migration --target-dir /Target DUT,tb1urd.hcus10.us.com
G. Inside the Target folder the the Zip file DUT_20230110_1920 file available. You can see the migration report.
11. Migration Report checking: Check the migration report generated by the Migration Assistant tool and fix those problem if any before migrating again.
12. Deployment phase : This phase will follow the below steps :-
- 1. Import Migrated content ( Zip file in the Target folder) into Web IDE.
- 2. Build the content and deploy the object in HDI container.
This process is complete now. You can see the migrated object in HANA2.0 web IDE now.