SAP Cloud Platform Integration for SMBs, samples
In a previous blog I shared with you a set of SAP Cloud Platform Integration for SAP Business by Design presentations and recorded sessions providing you an overview on how you can develop SAP Business ByDesign integration scenarios. The objective of this blog is to continue this journey by sharing with you some integration samples we built for SAP Business ByDesign and also SAP Business One.
I have published a complete step by step guide with instructions starting with the creation of a CPI trial tenant (in case you don’t have one yet) and going over a set of very simple scenarios showing you how to connect to your SAP Business One/ByDesign tenants:
- Scenario 1: Smoke test flow, shows how to create your simplest first integration flow.
- Scenario 2: It is an HTTPS sender initiated scenario, an external system can call this scenario via HTTP. This scenario connects to your SAP Business ByDesign or SAP Business One backend and does an OData GET request to retrieve Sales Orders.
- Scenario 3: It is also an HTTPS sender initiated scenario. The scenario creates a Sales Order in SAP Business ByDesign or SAP Business One via an OData POST request.
- Scenario 4: This scenario is not part of the step by step documentation but was demoed by my colleague Sunny Kapoor as part of the session I shared on my previous blog. The goal of this scenario is to store the details of a specific Sales Order in your Google Drive account.
The scenarios provided here take advantage of the SAP Business ByDesign and SAP Business One OData APIs:
- SAP Business One exposes its Business Objects as OData APIs via the SAP Business One Service Layer. Check this document for more details Working with SAP Business One Service Layer.
- SAP Business ByDesign also exposes Business Objects via OData APIs, please check ths blog SAP Business ByDesign – OData API Examples for more details.
The exercises document provides all required intructions to configure and consume them with examples.
If you need help or want to double check your implementations you can download the exercises package and import it in your CPI tenant.
Check my previous blog SAP Cloud Platform Integration for SAP Business ByDesign webinar for more detailed presentations and links.
Have fun with SAP Cloud Platform Integration and please let us know your feedback.
Thanks for your informative blog. I was able to achieve all your sample scenarios. Now I am creating a scenario similar to scenario 3. I am trying to insert the "Supplier" via POST request using OData service (khSupplier). I am getting the following error:
I am assuming this is due to not passing correct payload/ missing mandatory fields ? Is there any way I can identify the default payload or what is the best practice to create a payload so all required fields with correct values are passed?
As you realized your error message must be related to a mandatory element not being filled by your request.
You can get samples on how to create many different BOs in this blog SAP Business ByDesign – OData API Examples so you can see which fields are the most important for each BO.
I hope the provided Postman samples help you troubleshoot your problem.
Also just logging the solution and response here from Knut
" the minimum data to be provided to create a supplier would be: name, category code and role. Unfortunately, the role is read-only and the category code is not exposed in the public solution model so far. Please request an enhancement of the public solution model (PSM) as described in my blog post SAP ByDesign Public Solution Model.
As an alternative approach, you may use the SOAP-service ManageSupplierIn to create the supplier"