Governments Need Future-Proof Enterprise Resource Planning Systems with Built-in Intelligent Technologies
For public organizations, success is measured not only by the financial return on investment but even more so by the political and social return. Failure is expensive: unsafe or unhealthy communities, degraded citizen services or lack of services, economic or political irrelevance, and loss of power or reputation.
Meanwhile, people relying on government services are expecting the same kind of sophisticated and speedy response that they routinely experience from businesses. This situation underscores the importance of enterprise resource planning or ERP systems for government, supported with built-in intelligent technologies.
With an Intelligent ERP system Public Sector organizations will be able to lay a digital foundation for more efficient and agile processes to quickly change to unforeseen disruptions. They will be able to proactively adapt operational models and augment everyday tasks so employees can focus on cases that require human engagement.
An intelligent ERP system helps build an internal culture where members of your team can share data more readily, providing real-time insight.
Characteristics of an Intelligent ERP Solution:
- End to end integration across the organization for the processes that matter most
- Agility for volatile and changing citizen support structures, to maximize services experiences
- Automation to free up employees to focus on higher value tasks.
- Modular solutions built and run on a cloud platform to optimize and extend processes
- Intelligence embedded directly into the ERP including using intelligent technologies including:
- Blockchain: for preserving the security and transparency of financial transactions
- Artificial Intelligence: to detect emerging patterns and gain insight into issues affecting members of the public (such as crime statistics or outbreaks that require swift response from health officials)
- Machine Learning: to improve processes and provide data to workers just when they need it
- Robotic Process Automation: provides a more efficient way to gather data, store it, route it to the appropriate department and otherwise manage large amounts of information
- Analytics: allows your organization to visualize trends and make more informed decisions programs and policy
Outpace rapidly changing conditions through agility
Citizens value responsive government officials who can help them sort out their problems with minimal delay. This is especially useful when you are contending with a major disruptions in your communities, such as a natural disaster or act of terror.
Managing public finances and budgeting for public sector projects is a process that can be quite lengthy and cumbersome using traditional methods. But when you deploy an intelligent ERP, you can work more nimbly to allocate budgets based on previously defined projects and programs, along with insightful forecast data. Planners appreciate how an ERP helps them maintain and analyze the budget in real time, with a recommendation engine to further speed the project along.
Imagine a government that is able to meet constituents’ needs more efficiently, with an enterprise resource planning system that leverages data to make it an even more valuable resource for public sector professionals. Governments stand to save money by streamlining operational processes and continually and dynamically improving based on data, behavior and results.
- Superior intelligence, coordination and agility to deliver on your timeless mission to protect the community, provide services, and help the economy prosper
- Better experience for public sector employees as well as constituents.