SAP S/4HANA Move for Finance Blog series #05 of 15 See How The New Intuitive SAP S/4HANA User Experience Improves Productivity
Thank you for joining our SAP S/4HANA Finance Move blog series breaking down the Webinar Series for Finance Professionals
In this on demand webinar Michel Hassendonckx, Global Solution Owner Financial Planning & Analysis SAP, will showcase how the SAP Fiori user experience provides a personalized, responsive and simple experience, reflecting the way you work throughout your day. Illustrating how productivity is increased, adoption is simplified, and training costs can be reduced.
Here’s the agenda Michel will cover:
- Introducing SAP Fiori and how it helps users get their work done more easily
- SAP Fiori, the user experience for SAP S/4HANA and beyond
- SAP Fiori in a nutshell
- The evolution of SAP Fiori
- SAP Fiori: Consistent, Integrated, Intelligent
- SAP Fiori: a choice… with many benefits
- Key takeaways
Additionally, here are some of the questions and answers from our live session:
- Is Fiori free of cost on the any device?
There is indeed no additional license fee for Fiori, it is included in SAP S/4HANA. Yes, Fiori works on multiple devices.
- Is Margin Analysis replacing COPA? or is it in addition?
We have a specific session planned in this series deep diving into Margin Analysis. Open the on demand session “See How SAP’s Finance Platform Has Evolved Beyond Accounting, Supporting the End-to-End FP&A Function” and you will see the link to the deep dive session “How to Analyze Your Margin in a Changing Business Context with SAP.” But in short, Margin Analysis is the new name for the ability to analyze your margin/ profitability directly integrated with the Universal Journal. In a way, this is the “new name” for COPA integrated in the Universal Journal. From a capability perspective, this (while still evolving) in the end will go beyond what COPA in ECC could do. Please do check out the deep dive session.
- Aside from the users, what kind of stakeholders will be persuaded to pay more for lesser screen time on certain business processes?
As you mention, for use there is a steep increase in user experience. But also from a managerial perspective, there are many benefits. A couple examples:
- Financial Close: Imagine you want to have a single look at how your financial closing process is doing across the organization, using the Fiori front-end as the single touchpoint to monitor the closing process can bring you that visibility (is this case also using SAP S/4HANA for advanced financial closing.) There is a dedicated deep dive session on this topic, check out the on demand webinar “Establish Trust Across the Financial Close,” the you will have access to the deep dive “Accelerate Your Close Processes and Ensure Quality and Transparency”
- Cash If I want to have a single cash overview of all cash positions, just use one of the available standard Fiori apps showing you exactly this. There is a dedicated deep dive session on this topic, check out the on demand webinar “Establish an Integrated and Centralized Treasury and Working Capital Management,” the you will have access to the deep dive “Address the Challenges of Managing Cash, Payments and Bank Connectivity”
- What is the role of BW if all this reporting can now be accomplished through SAP S/4HANA and Fiori?
The embedded Fiori reporting capabilities are focused in data available within SAP S/4HANA itself. For finance only reporting, this makes sense (not just for operational reporting but also more tactical reporting). However, often multiple sources (data not in SAP S/4HANA) need to be combined. In that case there definitely still is a role to play for a datawarehousing environment (such as BW) combining multiple sources.
SAP S/4HANA Move for Finance Blog series
#07 of 15 Establish Trust Across the Financial Close
#08 of 15 See How SAP’s Finance Platform Has Evolved Beyond Accounting, Supporting the End-to-End FP&A
#09 of 15 Increase Customer Satisfaction and Process Efficiency in Receivables Management with SAP S/4
#10 of 15 Increase Revenue by Establishing Service-Based Business Models with SAP S/4HANA
#11 of 15 Establish an Integrated and Centralized Treasury and Working Capital Management
#12 of 15 Streamline and Automate Financial Shared Services with SAP S/4HANA
#13 of 15 Manage Indirect Tax Consistently and Cost-Effectively with SAP S/4HANA
#14 of 15 Manage Governance, Risk, Compliance (GRC) and Security with SAP S/4HANA
#15 of 15 Learn How SAP S/4HANA Can Support Finance Professionals to Join Enterprise Transformation