Deprecated Migration Objects and Their Replacement Objects
- You want to know why a migration object has suffix “deprecated”;
- You get the warning message in the data migration log CNV_DMC_SIN 800 Attention: Your are using an object that is marked “deprecated”
- You want to know how to handle a migration template with the suffix “deprecated”.
As explained in the SAP Best Practices – Data Migration to SAP S/4HANA from File (BH5), the “deprecated” suffix to the migration cockpit object name means that there is a newer version of this migration object available. The new object covers more functionality/features that could not be covered with the old deprecated object.
The deprecated migration object is removed from the development and there will be no updates done anymore.
The information is available on the SAP Help Portal page SAP S/4HANA Migration Cockpit: Deprecated Migration Objects
We highly recommend to use the new object replacing the deprecated object.
Deprecated objects will be deleted after a couple of releases:
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud
- Objects marked as “deprecated” will normally be removed from delivery after two releases..
For example, a migration object marked as deprecated in SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1902 will be removed with 1908. It will be available in 1902 and 1905.
If you are already using the deprecated migration template and it is too much effort to switch to the new one, then finish your migration with the deprecated template and use the new template for your next wave.
1. The mentioned KBA will not maintained anymore (also addressed in KBA). The best place is the Help Portal page you mentioned.
2. The Note to use new projects because new objects will not be visible is not valid anymore for the new FIORI based migration cockpit starting 2008 in Cloud and 2020 in On-Premise release. It might be relevant for older on-premise releases that use the old cockpit. But as this is a cloud community, they can stay with the current project and it is highly recommended to use as less projects as possible. The big advantage to use one project are the mapping tasks that can be used and maintained cross-objects.
Thank you Frank! Post updated!
Nice blog to share with the customers.