SUSE Linux Enterprise for SAP Business One 10
Following our motto “We adapt you succeed” together with our IHV’s and SAP we have refreshed the installer image for SAP Business One.
First of all many thanks to all IHV’s which have validated the new installer image. They went the extra mile with us and make this happen. I’d like to say thank you again for the great cooperation between all parties during this validation period. The new SUSE SAP Business One installer image was validated by FUJITSU, Nutanix, Supermicro and Dell for their respective Hardware.
- SAP Business One 10 requires and supports SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15
- Base operating system including all patches until the October 2020 is “SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP2”
- SUSE SAP Installation Wizard (partitioning and installation of SAP HANA and SAP Business One)
- System optimization for SAP HANA® and SAP Business One® in place (sapconf 5)
- tailored for bare metal deployments only (FUJITSU, Nutanix, Supermicro, Dell)
- The pre-installed OS image requires a normal SUSE subscription for SLES and is a service from SUSE for the Business One partners without additional costs
- System can be activated with SUSE Linux Enterprise Server or SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications with suitable subscriptions
- in case of SLES for SAP Applications two migration steps are required:
- technical migration (product change) and a business migration (new subscription)
- SAP software for SAP HANA® and SAP Business One® is as before NOT part of the image
- Installation documentation is provided by SAP
- SAP HANA systemreplication automation based High availability setup is only supported with SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications (Best Practice)
- needs suitable subscription
- needs migration
- additional steps to setup the cluster on top of the SAP HANA systemreplication
Where can you get the new image:
As always here -> https://www.suse.com/slesb1hana
(a SUSE partner login is required)
Please consult the SAP note for SAP Business One 1944415 and checkout our other blog post’s.
This is Bernd (SUSE) from the SAP technical alliance team normally “onsite” in the SAP LinuxLab Germany
will the new slesb1hana 15 SP2 already work with SAP Business One 10.0 FP 2011 ?
Not yet. The team is aiming the FP 2102.
Am I correct that I cannot install SAP Business One with the current slesb1 image ?
The current SAP Business version requires SP1.
Yes, until the SAP Business One is supporting the SLES 15 SP2, we shouldn't use the current SLES for B1 image.
May I ask if it's ok to use the free/full package iso image from here?
it depends on what do you want to achieve. Of course the official ISO images from SUSE for SUSE Linux Enterprise Server and SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications can be used. The SAP Business One installer image is also free of charge for all our partners. The installer image will make the deployment for SAP Business One much more easier compared to the product ISO's from SLES and SLES for SAP.
For those not wanting to use the installer image, I have published a blog post detailing the required repositories and packages from the SLES 15 SP3 standard installer:
Repositories and packages required for SAP B1 on SUSE SLES 15 SP3 | SAP Blogs
Hope this helps.