As a supplier on Ariba Network, you might be trying to send an invoice to your customer but are seeing a number of errors.
You may have also seen errors when invoicing only some customers, but not all. Understandably, it might seem like a technical glitch or system issue. However, more often than not, the errors that you are seeing are related to your customers’ specific invoicing rules.
When your customers onboarded on Ariba Network, they have set specific rules for what they will and will not accept for their suppliers’ invoices. Your customers’ rules may vary based on where different suppliers are located, and it will also depend on their own accounting processes and systems.
For example, some buyers will allow their suppliers to send non-PO invoices, or credit memos, some buyers will allow suppliers to cancel invoices or add attachment and more.
It is best practice to check for your customers’ invoicing rules before creating an invoice. You can download the invoicing rules and refer to it as you create your invoice.
Watch this 2 minute video to learn where to find your customers’ invoice rules, or follow the step-by-step process below:
- Go to your user settings in the Supplier Portal
- Navigate to account settings and select “customer relationships”
- Find the customer you are creating an invoice for, and click the company name
- Scroll down the page until you find “General Invoice Rules”
- Click on the tooltip if you need more information on a specific rule. Download the rules by clicking on the ‘download’ hyperlink
If you don’t see the “Customer Relationships” option in your settings, contact your Ariba Network account administrator and ask them to add this permission to your user role.