Activate intelligence for your business processes with Situation Handling
Situation Handling in SAP S/4HANA supports the Intelligent Enterprise and helps you increase the quality and the efficiency of your business processes by informing the right group of users about exceptional circumstances and upcoming deadlines.
Situations are displayed in apps and in urgent cases, also signaled with notifications. Providing the right information on the spot helps the user to take an informed decision and use proposed actions to resolve a situation.
How can you use Situation Handling for your purposes?
Here are some examples of use cases that can be supported by Situation Handling:
- Upcoming deadlines and events
- Exceeded thresholds, such as consumption rates and business relevant KPIs
- Expiring contracts
- Deviating demands
- Pending tasks, such as approvals and confirmations
Benefit for daily operations
Support your business users with intelligent processes on exceptional cases.
- Gain efficiency and security through the automatic detection of urgent or important issues
- Speed up issue handling by automatically informing the right users
- Enable your users to act immediately
- Provide intelligent support which helps your users make the right decisions
Watch this video that illustrates Situation Handling when suppliers are unable to fulfill an entire delivery on time.
Learn with Situations and optimize your business processes
A situation gets observed from its creation until it’s closed. You can monitor what kind of situations occur in your business, their frequency, and how they are solved.
Gain insight into the life cycle of situations and optimize your business processes:
- Monitor the occurrence of situations
- Track actions and analyze situations from alert to solution
- Collect situation-related data for advanced analytics
How do you get Situation Handling activated?
You can choose from a wide range of situation templates out of various business areas. Configure conditions and the information is displayed to the business user. Use integrated Responsibility Management to detect the right group of users that needs to be informed. Finally enable monitoring which is delivered out-of-the-box.
As soon as a situation is detected, the designated users are informed automatically.
Curious for more?
There are more blog posts that provide you with insights on Situation Handling, what it’s all about and how you use it. Start reading the introductory series:
- Situation Handling: What is it and why do you need it? (1/5)
- Situation Handling: Selected use cases in different application areas (2/5)
- Situation Handling: How do I configure situation types? (3/5)
- Situation Handling: How to analyze situations using Monitor Situations (4/5)
- Situation Handling: Advanced configuration of situation types (5/5)