Get started with this new release by checking out the Finance help. Below you can find direct links to some of the changes.
UPDATE – Please note: As of November 30th, there are additional help topics available. Below, they are marked with an asterisk (*).
Management Accounting and Margin Analysis
- You can now analyze the calculated overhead values for each cost object based on the assigned costing sheet. – See Run Overhead Calculation – Actual.
- Sales and Profitability Planning in SAP Analytics Cloud has been enhanced. Check out the new stories: Performing Sales and Profitability Analytics and Performing Sales and Profitability Reporting.
- A new topic introduces the Delete Financial Plan Data app. – See Delete Financial Plan Data.
Accounting and Financial Close
General Ledger Accounting
- The process of creating a parallel ledger for an alternative fiscal year variant has been simplified so that a newly created ledger can now be directly assigned to a reference ledger. Therefore, it’s no longer necessary to create a dedicated common ledger group. The relevant topic has been updated accordingly. – See Configuring an Additional Alternative Fiscal Year Variant.
- The information about giving access to the configuration steps and apps needed for chart of accounts maintenance has been updated because of changes to business catalogs. See Chart of Accounts Maintenance: Authorization Concept.
- Twenty-one profitability segment fields can now be added to the template for the Upload General Journal Entries app. – See the updated topic: Adding Field Columns in Template.
- Background processing for the mass reversal of journal entries is now available. – See the updated topic: Manage Journal Entries.
- To explain the new extended open item management function for GR/IR accounts, several topics have been added: Open Item Management for G/L Accounts, Activate Extended Open Item Management for GR/IR Accounts, and GR/IR Automatic Clearing.
- *For the verification of journal entries, a new example is available explaining how to configure a verification workflow for a company code with different cost centers: – Example: Configure for a Company Code with Multiple Cost Centers.
- Impairment is now possible for net and gross amounts. Information about where to make the setting as well as calculation examples have been added to the documentation. – See Post Credit-Risk-Based Impairment.
- *Several CDS view topics for General Ledger Accounting have been updated because of deprecated elements in these CDS Views. – See CDS Views for General Ledger Accounting.
- The topic on asset accounting transactions now provides an overview of all posting apps and the use of the respective app. – See Transactions.
- The depreciation topic for multiple-shift operation and shutdown has been updated. – See Depreciation for Multiple-Shift Operation and Shutdown.
- If you want to see planned values for fiscal years after the current fiscal year in your reports, you can specify a planning horizon in years for each company code and ledger. – See Evaluation of Asset Values from Future Fiscal Years.
Joint Venture Accounting
- The manipulation rule can now be applied in universal allocation for joint venture accounting. – See Universal Allocation with Manipulation Rule.
- The Schedule Job for Funding app has additional fields for the reimbursement and interest calculation templates. See Schedule Job for JV Funding – Interest Calculation and Schedule Job for JV Funding – Reimbursement.
- *Oil and gas companies using Joint Venture Accounting, can now create, change, and transfer multiple assets at the same time. – See Mass Processing of Assets.
Group Reporting: Intercompany Matching and Reconciliation
- A video was added about how intercompany elimination can be done with configured posting rules. – See Interunit Elimination with ICMR Posting Rules.
Integration of SAP S/4HANA Cloud Source System with Central Finance
The following topics are new:
Cash and Liquidity Management
- Starting from this release, bank control keys defined with house bank accounts are no longer visible. You must therefore consolidate inconsistent bank control keys and migrate bank control keys to bank accounts using the new Migrate Bank Control Keys app. – See Migrate Bank Control Keys.
- With the new Split Technical Bank Accounts app, you can identify bank accounts that are marked as technical bank accounts but contain multiple house bank accounts. You can use this app to split additional house bank accounts from the original technical bank account and create a new bank account for each house bank account that has been split away. This way, you ensure that each technical bank account is uniquely represented by one house bank account. – See Split Technical Bank Accounts.
- With the new Manage Bank Account Balances app, you can now manually enter or import balances for bank accounts in remote systems and monitor the balance changes in these bank accounts. – See Manage Bank Account Balances.
- This topic has been updated to explain the use of business partners in bank master data, including the risk business partner, defaultable business partner, and bank contact person business partner: Defining Banks and House Banks.
Receivables Management: Accounts Receivable Accounting
- *Reset clearing information and how-to topics have been added to the Clearing Process interactive graphic. – See Clearing Process and Reset Cleared Items.
Receivables Management: Bank Statement Processing
- Collections and Dispute Management: The revised apps Process Receivables and Manage Dispute Cases improve the process of collecting receivables as well as handling dispute cases. New extensibility options, improved performance, and in-depth data insight improve the user experience. – See Process Receivables and the topics for the related new apps: Manage Promises to Pay, Manage Resubmissions, Manage Collection Contact Persons, Manage Customer Contacts, and Manage Dispute Cases.
- Credit Evaluation and Management: The new Manage Credit Accounts app gives you an in-depth view of your business partners in SAP Credit Management. You can display and edit the credit account details for your business partners. – See Manage Credit Accounts.
- A new topic for the new Create and Send Payment Advices to Payees job template is available: Create and Send Payment Advices to Payees.
- For the Automatic Scheduling of the Payment Program job template, three parameters have been renamed and enhanced. – See Automatic Scheduling of the Payment Program.
- A new topic for the new Tax Code Assignment for Posting Intercompany AP Documents BAdI is available. – See Assigning a Tax Code for Posting Intercompany AP Documents.
- New topics for the new Payment Method – Validate API are available. – Entry point: Payment Method – Validate.
*Video Library for Finance
New and substantially updated videos have been added to the Video Library for Finance.
- Managing Global Hierarchies
- Using the Display External Tax Document App
- Setting Up the Restricted Auditor
- From Intercompany Reconciliation to Elimination
- Managing Bank Statements with Reprocessing Rules
- Creating Reprocessing Rules
- Creating Template-Based Reprocessing Rules
What else is new in this release?
To see what else is changing in documentation, check the documentation correction note.
And feel free to give us feedback and let us know what you think using the feedback function.