We are pleased to announce the availability of the updates to SAP Activate for SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2011. This release delivers many updates to the ready-to-run business processes, prescriptive methodology and apps for configuration, testing and extensibility. Here are key highlights for this release, you can learn more in the detailed sections below:
- SAP Cloud ALM Available to SAP customers NOW!
- Updated Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2011 available now
- New enhancements for SAP Activate Methodology Roadmap for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, essentials edition 2011
- New enhancements for SAP Activate Methodology Roadmap for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, extended edition 2011
- New features in Test Automation Tool; four new automated test scripts for 2011
SAP Cloud ALM Available to SAP Customers NOW!
SAP Cloud ALM is now available for all customers with SAP Enterprise Support, cloud editions as of August 31, 2020. SAP Cloud ALM offers SAP S/4HANA Cloud customers with many features to support their implementation journey, including:
- Support of multiple parallel projects
- Support for mass upload of Tasks and Deliverables
- Possibility to link a Central Business Configuration Project
- Support for S4HC essentials content in Process Management
- Improved filters in Process management
- Requirements passing Workstream information to tasks
- Enabling manual test execution
- Improved reporting in Overview
Read the blog for more insights and details, or try out SAP Cloud ALM on our public demo system. Request your SAP Cloud ALM tenant by clicking the “SAP Cloud ALM Access Management” tile in SAP ONE Support Launchpad.
Content updates for SAP Best Practices Explorer
SAP Best Practices Explorer is the one-stop shop for ready-to-run digitized business processes. View the What’s new by checking out the recently released packages and updates to our portfolio of SAP Best Practices solutions. In addition, you can now find S/4HANA Cloud related content in the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Customer Community.
For more information, please use the links below.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2011 Delivery
|SAP Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2011||Update||Link|
|SAP S/4HANA Public Sector Cloud||Update||Link|
|SAP Best Practices for SAP Marketing Cloud||Update||Link|
|SAP Best Practices for SAP Integrated Business Planning||Update||Link|
|Rapid Data Migration to SAP S/4HANA On Premise||Update||Link|
Highlights of SAP Activate Methodology Updates in 2011
SAP S/4HANA Cloud, essentials edition
The SAP Activate content in the Implementation Roadmap for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, essentials edition (ES) has been enhanced for 2011 with improvements to help guide the customer through the implementation journey. The key highlights are:
- Added several new tasks and revised existing tasks to support the use of SAP Central Business Configuration. Activate will now guide the new customer to SAP Central Business Configuration at the points in the project when scoping or configuration is required. Search on central businessto see all related deliverables, tasks and accelerators. Existing customers will continue to be guided to Configure your Solution via dual instructions.
- Added a new task, Perform Benchmarking Assessment for Value Baselining, in both Discover and Run phase to provide guidance on how to perform a Value Benchmarking Assessment.
- Created new tasks in the Test Preparation for SAP S/4HANA Cloud deliverable to include the manual testing functionality available in SAP Cloud ALM. The new tasks are Set Up Selected Test Automation Tools, Create Manual Test Cases, and Create Automated Test Cases with Selected Test Automation Tools.
- Created a new deliverable, SAP Cloud ALM Onboarding, and two new tasks to support the initial provisioning and access to SAP Cloud ALM.
For a complete list of improvements, please see the release notes on the S/4HANA Cloud Release blog.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud, extended edition
- Addition of a new accelerator Solution Standardization Board White paper
- Review and revamp of Solution Adoption topics:
- New and updated Prepare Phase content for Enablement for users.
- New and updated Enablement Strategy with research interviews and strategy tasks for project teams.
- New Enablement content development and delivery deliverables and tasks.
- New User Experience Management tool via Knoa, deployment deliverable and tasks.
- Inclusion of new accelerator to helps enable and introduce the concept of Identity and Access Management to business process experts. The IAM: Authorization Concept Guideline accelerator provides guidance on how to approach the authorization concept for each system in a 3 tier landscape.
- Additional content related to SAP Fiori:
- New task Activate SAP Fiori, to explain the activation and setup required to use SAP Fiori Application that the project team will use during the implementation.
- New accelerator SAP Fiori Rapid Activation – Quick guide to activate SAP Fiori, added to the task to guide the execution of the activation.
- New accelerator SAP Fiori apps reference library
- For a complete list of improvements, please see the release notes on the SAP Activate Methodology for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, extended edition.
Deployment Experience Updates
Please find below a few highpoints related to the Deployment Experience.
In 2011, four new automated test scripts for SAP Best Practice processes are delivered. In total, there are now 259 scripts (Detailed list can be found here).
- The job scheduling capacity increased from 20 test plans to 40.
- Improved filter option on test your process app. Multiple statuses can now be selected such “failed” and “cancelled.” In addition, “Created By” and “Executed By” are newly added filters.
To read about the new features in Test Automation Tool for 2011, please read the blog “SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2011 – What’s new in test automation tool for SAP S/4HANA Cloud”
And as always, we invite you to share your feedback with the SAP Activate team either on this blog post or in SAP Activate JAM (request access here).