SAP Cloud Platform Integration – Third Edition of SAP Press Book has Been Released
The third edition of the SAP Cloud Platform Integration book has been released.
On 900 pages, you get a detailed introduction of the product. Like the first two editions of the book, the third one is also packed with step-by-step tutorials enabling you to set up and run your own integration flows – starting with the very first “hello world” examples and introducing more and more features and complexity chapter by chapter.
The book has been completely revised to cover the increased feature scope as well as the fact that SAP Cloud Platform Integration is now available in multi cloud environments (meaning it can now also be used in the Cloud Foundry environment next to Neo).
As SAP Cloud Platform Integration is now available in the Cloud Foundry environment, most of the integration flows described in the book can be executed with a Cloud Foundry trial account. In case there are certain aspects specific for Neo, this is outlined.
Like the first two editions, the book is designed in a way that it is beneficial for experienced integration experts and those who like to get started with the topic.
New topic areas covered in the book:
- Since the release of the second book edition, SAP Cloud Platform Integration Suite has been released. Integration Suite enables you to seamlessly use Cloud Integration together with additional services such like SAP API Management and Open Connectors. The book highlights this fact by providing a set of tutorials that show how to use SAP Cloud Platform Integration together with API Management, for example.
- New connectivity options have been introduced that are explained in detail:
- The AMQP adapter supports the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol and can be used to set up scenarios using event-driven messaging.
- The Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) adapter allows you to connect Cloud Integration with a database system.
- The ELSTER adapter allows you to integrate Cloud Integration with the German tax authorities.
- A new tool allows you to simulate integration flows.
As a key capability of the new SAP Cloud Platform Integration Suite, SAP Cloud Platform Integration can be used seamlessly together with other integration-related services.
The book shows, in particular,
- how to use SAP Cloud Platform Integration together with Open Connectors to benefit from an extended set of connectivity options. Open Connectors offers easy API-based access to a wide range of third-party systems such like Gmail, Flickr, Slack, to mention just a few of more than one hundred.
- how to use SAP API Management to manage integration flow endpoints as application programming interfaces (APIs).
- how to enable SAP Enterprise Messaging for event-based integration with SAP Cloud Platform Integration using the AMQP adapter.
I wish you happy reading and successful integration projects!