Detailed end to end guide for writing SAP certification (CER006)
I am a certified SAP SD, ACM techno functional consultant in an SAP partner company. I believe in holistic SAP knowledge and till date I have earned 8 SAP certifications in various areas like SAP Technical, SAP Implementation and SAP Functional. This blog post is an end to end guide for learning enthusiasts interested in earning SAP certifications.
Step 1: Identify certification/s.
* From the list of available certifications in CER006 [SAP Global Certification, Online Exam (6 attempts)], identify certifications of your interest.
Step 2: Prepare for certification/s.
* On the webpage dedicated for a certification, one can find details like the level, cut score, duration, languages, topic areas, their weightage, course / e-book, etc. Example: Relevant courses for certification C_ACTIVATE12 (SAP Certified Associate – SAP Activate Project Manager), are ACT100 and ACT200.
* Please ensure to refer right version of course / e-book, which is recommended for that certification. For example, HA100 is a recommended course for both certifications E_HANAAW_14 and E_HANAAW_16. However, course version is different for both of them.
* As the nature of exam is objective (multiple choice), I would strongly advise not to skip any section from the recommended course / e-book.
* These learning contents can be accessed through SAP Learning Hub. Many employers provide its free access to their employees.
Step 3: Register for CER006 (SAP Global Certification)
* Since subscription to CER006 is valid only for a year, I would suggest to register only after you have prepared for your certification/s. It will help you to buy more time for utilizing all 6 attempts.
* Registration process is well documented in another SAP blog
* If your employer is an SAP partner and you register via them, then you are eligible for a discount on registration fee. In 2018, it was 18% discount.
* First time users, please ensure that correct time-zone is reflecting in your SAP Certification Hub profile. All the available appointment slots will be displayed in this time-zone.
Step 4: Schedule and write exam
* Details on scheduling and taking exam can be found on this SAP Certification Hub webpage.
Step 5: Accept digital badge
* Upon successfully clearing the exam, a digital badge will be issued by SAP SE. After one accepts it, this accomplishment can be shared to anyone and everyone on various platforms like LinkedIn, etc. All the digital badges earned, can be viewed on Acclaim portal.
* If you have multiple accounts on Acclaim portal and want to merge all the digital badges to one account, then same can be achieved by navigating through Settings => Account => Merge an account on Acclaim portal.
In this competitive world, earning an SAP certification will definitely give an edge. Also the courses recommended are well structured and authentic. Thus I strongly advise to refer SAP Learning Hub and SAP Blogs, instead of third party websites, where the information is unverified. If you have any queries, please feel free to ask through this portal. Depending on bandwidth, I will try my best to reply asap.