SAP SuccessFactors Product Support introduces a new KBA Category: Known Error
To help improve the classification of knowledge articles, SAP SuccessFactors Product Support has added a new KBA category “Known Error” to document defects.
Known Error categorized knowledge base articles outline an issue that has been confirmed as a defect by our Product Engineering or Development teams and a fix is either being developed or is available.
Use the filtering options next time you are searching the SAP Knowledge base on https://support.sap.com and filter on KBA Category: “Known Error” and a Product to see a list of Known Error KBAs for that product.
Here is a breakdown of our KBA Categories to help with your future KBA searches:
- How-to: Provides procedural information on how to do something specific, supplemental to SAP Help Portal documentation.
- Bug Filed: References issues that do not yet have a root cause and are currently under investigation. These could be issues that support suspects are defects, but need additional analysis.
- Known Error: The issue outlined has been confirmed as a defect and a fix is either being developed or is available.
- Problem: Addresses a specific break/fix scenario. This could be a problem caused by a misconfiguration, unexpected use of the product causing an error, or other workflows that are causing a problem.
- Product Enhancement: Used to document product enhancement requests, or issues caused by product limitations or expected behaviors that would need an enhancement request to change
- SAP Products that use SAP Notes to document defects and deliver fixes will not have the “Known Error” category. It is used for Knowledge Base Articles only.
- Not all defects will have a KBA: KBAs are typically created by Product Support to answer frequently asked questions and for troubleshooting information to help our customers & partners self-solve problems without having to raise a support request. If a defect could potentially impact many customers, a Known Error KBA could be created to raise awareness that a solution is in the works or is available. If the Known Error has a workaround, a KBA would be used to share this information.
- Some of our products, such as SAP SuccessFactors use a “Known Issues” KBA to collect release related issues. Not all Known Errors will be included in these Known Issues KBAs because Known Errors can be created at any point during a product’s lifecycle. “Known Issues” KBAs will be limited to those related to the upcoming product release version and meet certain criteria regarding impact.
Please be sure to leave a helpful/not helpful rating on KBAs you view, and comments if you have a moment to spare, to help us with our continuous knowledge base improvement efforts.
If you have any questions, please ask below!
Carly Thomas, Knowledge Management Global Lead
SAP Product Support – People