Content Roadmap for SAP Intelligent RPA
My name is Praveenkumar and I work in the capacity of Product Manager in SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation.
This blog is a continuation to the one on SAP ECC Bot Store Content for Intelligent RPA
Thanks to all of you who reached out to us and are actively using the ECC best practice bots from SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation Store.
We have now 60+ ECC best practices and 100+ over-all bot templates in the SAP Intelligent RPA store across S/4 HANA, ECC and other products.
The below list provides the latest addition to ECC best practice bots released to the store:
|UI Bots||BAPI Bots|
|ABUMN – Asset Transaction: Transfer within Company Code||Automatic Creation of Purchase Orders from Excel|
|F-04 – Post with Clearing||Create Contract|
|VA21 – Create Quotation||Create Item Proposal|
|F-28 – Post Incoming Payments||Create Material BOM|
|VA41 – Create Contract (SD)||Change One or More Cost Centers|
|MIGO – Transfer Posting||Enter Confirmations for Process Order Header|
|MRBR – Release Payment Blocks|
|VA51 – Item Proposal|
|F111 – Payment Request|
|ME31K – Contract Creation|
|CS01 – Material BOM Creation|
|F-53 – Post Outgoing Payments|
|MB21 – Create Reservation|
|FB01 – Post Document|
|F-44 – Clear Vendor|
|VB01 – Create Listing/Exclusion|
|F-03 – Clear G/L Account|
|FB60 – Enter Vendor Invoice|
|FB05 – Post with Clearing|
|FB1S – Clear G/L Account|
|MI01, MI04, MI07 – Physical Inventory Count|
|MD04 – Stock/Requirements List|
|KSB1 – Display Actual Cost Line Items for Cost Centers|
|ME2L – Purchasing Documents Per Vendor|
As a next step we are broadening the scope of best practice template bots to other cloud LoB products of SAP.
Template bots will be available in store for the following common processes:
|HR LoB / People||Procurement and Sourcing|
|Recruitment – Candidate sourcing against job profile||Purchase Order flip and invoice update from PDF|
|Recruitment – Resume matching against JD, scoring for shortlisting and summarizing||Collection management|
|Recruitment – Interview scheduling and auto-generation of invite emails||PO from Requisition (ECC and XL)|
|Recruitment – Country and region-specific offer letters||Catalogue management – Import material attributes or external catalogue via CSV|
|Employee Onboarding – Configurable Checklists||Advanced Shipping Notification – Info extraction and Update in ECC|
|Employee Onboarding – Response mail data extraction, workflow trigger and backend updates||Strategic Sourcing – Price comparison reports based on external catalogues|
|Learning Management – Training Notifications and reminders based on profile||Strategic Sourcing – Supplier Scoring based on external catalogues|
|Learning Management – Profile updates based on training||Strategic Sourcing – Vendor duplicate checks|
|Employee Self-Service – Benefits workflow automation||Material master synchronization (Tax info, GTIN, UPC)|
|Employee Separation – Checklist generation|
|Sales and CX||Travel and Expense|
|Email reminder based on customer activity reports||Invoice Entry – for travel and expense|
|Lead to Opportunity (3 step bot)||Reimbursement request verification|
Please note that these bots will utilize the stable APIs provided by the corresponding SAP cloud products wherever available in a consistent manner.
One of the key differentiators for SAP Intelligent RPA is the ability to natively integrate with SAP Ui Technologies. We will also extend our UI connector library is a way that the complex controls in cloud LoB products can be easily captured and efficiently automated with our extended connector library.
SAP Intelligent RPA 2.0 content roadmap:
As SAP Intelligent RPA 2.0 is just around the corner, we would like to give you a glimpse of what this could mean for prebuilt content in our bot store:
- The existing bot store content will be re-provisioned with the new 2.0 paradigm of visual low-code design time and a faster run-time
- One of the key enhancements for the SAP Intelligent RPA 2.0 is the switch to a new Node.js based bot scripts which offers greater extensibility and performance. Many of the pre-delivered content bots will benefit from this switch
- The ECC BAPI connector will use the state-of-art Node.js library which can be used for interactive discovery, testing and consumption of any BAPI available in the backend system. The extensive ability to debug or capture any business errors thrown by the ABAP backend during execution in a finer granular way will help the bot designers taking their bots to production
- All SAP cloud LoB products offer a rich set of RESTful APIs. A Node.js based connector will provide well defined activities to discover, test and consume these APIs in a uniform manner enabling the bot designer to focus on solving the automation problem at hand, leaving the intricacies of the REST API consumption to the visual activities. The store bots that will be made available with the SAP Intelligent RPA 2.0 will provide a blue-print on how this can be done
- The Node.js based execution runtime also provides an excellent opportunity in terms of extensibility. The SAP Intelligent RPA store will feature additional artefact types like new connectors and skills using the extensibility capabilities of the underlying Node.js libraries. In future this will also lead to both community and partner eco-system delivered content in our store.
- With the 2.0 programming model, SAP Intelligent RPA offers better composability. This means automations and application within a package can be reused much more easily in other automation projects. The pre-delivered content will utilize this capability to the fullest. Going forward with the 2.0 paradigm, the business user or citizen developer can fetch a pre-delivered store package and extend it or compose it into bigger automation chains in a visual way. In future, the store will also become a central hub for customer specific best-practices that an automation center-of-excellence manages and distributes across the customer’s various divisions
The visual and low-code approach of SAP Intelligent RPA 2.0 is a major milestone in enabling business users to own the automation authoring. Availability of rich content in the store complements this perfectly. With the ability to easily extend or compose more complex automation sequences on-top of pre-delivered SAP best practice content, LoB users now can be in the driver seat for the automation driven digital transformation journey of an enterprise.
For more information on SAP Intelligent RPA:
- Try SAP Intelligent RPA for Free:
- Exchange knowledge:
- Learn more:
- Follow us on: