When looking at issues that participants of customer workshops or participants of the openSAP RAP course had when it comes to enable the ABAP trial account one solution, that is worth a try,is to delete and recreate your trial account.
- Delete your trial account
- Create a new trial account
- Run the booster “Prepare an Account for ABAP Trial”
Delete and recreate your trial account
- Open the SAP Cloud Platform cockpit of your trial account and click Enter your Trial Account https://cockpit.eu10.hana.ondemand.com/trial/#/home/trial
- Click on Delete Trial Account
- Click on Delete
- Now it is time to grab a coffee …
- Click on Go to Trial Home since you want to create a new fresh trial account.
- Choose your favorite region and click on Create Account
- Continue sipping coffee while your new personal trial is being created
Click on Continue
Start the booster
- Enter your trial account again
- Click on Boosters
- Click on Prepare an Account for ABAP Trial
- Wait again …
- Success – Download the service key
When the Booster fails you can check in the Service Marketplace of your Dev-Space dev whether the ABAP tile is visible.
It has been observed that (the reason is not clear yet) not all services and especially the ABAP service was not available.
So in case of problems you should check the Service Marketplace whether all services and especially the ABAP service is available.
If yes click on the tile and create the ABAP trial instance manually.
When the Booster fails to create an ABAP Environment instance in one region (e.g. Europe (Frankfurt) – AWS ) then you should try to create a new instance in the other region (in this case US East (VA) – AWS ).