We had a requirement where we need to connect SAP Gui from outside of Organization without VPN connectivity for training purpose.This scenario use three system:
- SAP Server [Server name SAPDev.domain.com with IP 192.168.131.89]
- SAP Router [IP 18.104.22.168]
- Personal Computer [IP 99.656.148.81]
- Find IP address of your PC. I found below website handy:
Note down the value of “My Public IPv4 is:”. Let us assume the IPv4 we got is “99.656.148.81”.
- Find the SAP Server IP to which we want to connect and instance number.
Let us assume SAP Server name “SAPDev.domain.com” with IP 192.168.131.89 with 00 instance no.
- Find the SAP router external/Public IP, make sure port 3299 is accessible from outside. Let us assume SAP router external IP is “22.214.171.124”.
- Modify the saproutertab file with allowed entry
SAP server port 3200 is made-up of 32<SAP Instance no.>
#Remote connection for SAPDEV.domain.com P 99.656.148.81 192.168.131.89 3200
If you want to give access from any where to anyone on this SAP server add below lines.
#Remote connection for SAPDEV.domain.com P * 192.168.131.89 3200
- Restart SAP router to make the changes effective.
#saprouter -s #saprouter -r -K "p:CN=<saprouter_name_registered_with_SAP>, OU=<OU_id>, OU=SAProuter, O=SAP, C=DE"
- Enter SAPRouter string in SAP Gui connection which is based upon your SAP router external IP.
SAPRouter string is built based upon SAP router “/H/<SAPRouter external IP>/S/3299”, in our Example it will be “/H/126.96.36.199/S/3299”.
So here we learned how easy it is to connect SAP Gui through SAP router without any requirement for VPN connectivity.